Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal
The Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal is designed to deliver the feel and dynamics of a real tube amplifier. Incorporating a dual-stage drive circuit, the Hollywood Distortion Pedal produces sweet yet distinctive tones reminiscent of the best sounding American tube amps of all times.
The Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal is a solid-state version of the popular Tonebone Classic distortion pedal. The 'magic' inside is a dual-stage drive circuit that produces sweet yet distinctive tones reminiscent of the best sounding American tube amps of all times. And like the Classic, the Radial ToneBone Hollywood delivers the feel and dynamics of a real tube amp. This means that when you play softly or turn your guitar down, the Radial ToneBone Hollywood will clean up nicely yet allow your playing style to shine through.
Creating the sonic range begins with a 3-position gain switch that lets you transition from bluesy overdrive to over-the-top distortion. This works in conjunction with a drive control that lets you dial-in the perfect amount of distortion. A powerful dual-band equalizer with Radial's distinctive passive-interactive tone circuit lets you carve the tone to warm up the bottom end or add extra shimmer at the top of the spectrum. A 3-position mid boost helps solos cut through the mix and accentuates sustain for soloing. It's also great for fattening up single coil pickups without compromising the distinctiveness that has made these types of pickups favorites with so many unique sounding artists. For maximum on-stage efficiency, the Radial ToneBone Hollywood is configured for 'clean, rhythm & lead' playability, whereby in bypass mode, you get the natural clean sound of your guitar. When the Radial ToneBone Hollywood is activated, you can seamlessly toggle between two drive gain settings for rhythm and lead. To increase sustain and cut for solos, the second drive circuit is augmented in the mid-range. Bright, easy to see LEDs deliver on-stage switching cues so you know exactly where you are at all times.
Special attention has also been applied to ensure the Radial ToneBone Hollywood performs quietly in concert with other pedals. The circuit begins with Radial's award winning class-A buffering circuit with load correction. This innovative approach retains the essence of 'true bypass' performance while lowering the impedance and susceptibility to noise. This enables the Radial ToneBone Hollywood to efficiently drive the guitar signal when using longer cables. Advanced EIS Electronic Impulse Switching eliminates the use of latching footswitches for unmatched durability without the challenges posed by mechanical switches. As most players today employ pedalboards, the Radial ToneBone Hollywood features standard "Boss" style 9V powering that will adapt to most multi-pedal power supplies. The ultra compact design with top mounted i/o connections allow pedals to be brought close together for those wishing maximum pedalboard density.
The Radial ToneBone Hollywood is a high performance distortion & overdrive pedal that delivers decades of "American" style tones in a compact and easy to use format. Rock and Roll!
Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal Features
- Dual-mode distortion & overdrive pedal
- Modeled after 'American' tube amps
- Transition from clean, rhythm & lead instantly
- Standard 9 volt power supply operation
- Dynamics allow your personality to shine through
- Gives you more control over other pedals
- Compact - fits on any pedalboard
- Works with standard 9V power bricks
- Retains the feel of a real tube amp
- Solo channel has extra mid boost for added sustain
- Works great with both single coil and humbuckers
- Great for Blues and Rock
Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal Applications
- The Hollywood in your pedal chain - Channel-1 is voiced for rhythm. Channel-2 is augmented in the mid-range to increase sustain and cut for solos. An LED status indicator illuminates when channel-2 is active.
- Shaping your sound - A 3-position GAIN switch lets you adjust the distortion from a slight grit to extreme. A 3-position CUT switch lets you add extra mid-range for solos or fatten up single coil pickups.
Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal Specifications
- Drive: Fine tunes the desired amount of distortion
- Gain: Lets you choose low, med or hi-gain settings
- Switching: EIS Switches for quiet switching
- EQ: Two band EQ lets you shape treble and bass response
- Cut: 3-Position CUT switch sets the over-all mid-range character for tone that cuts through
- Level: Independent level controls let you adjusts the lead and rhythm levels to suit
- ByPass: Footswitch toggles between distortion and clean bypass (with status LED)
- Toggle: Footswitch selects lead or rythm channels (with status LED)
- Construction: 14-Guage Steel - Tough enclosure with durable powder coat finish
- Power: Standard 9 volt DC power adapter
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 3.6 x 4 x 2 (92mm x 100mm x 51mm)
Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal Includes
- Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal
- User Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal Downloads
- Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Tonebone Hollywood Distortion Pedal Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review