Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box
The Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box is a full-feature, passive stereo direct box designed to enhance connectivity, reduce noise, and deliver the utmost in sonic quality. Employing two of the worlds finest Jensen audio transformers, the JDI Duplex delivers exceptional signal handling with virtually zero phase shift or harmonic distortion.
The Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box has often been dubbed the swiss army Knife of direct boxes. And there is good reason for that. a real swiss-made knife combines tons of useful tools into a small, yet very functional package and if handled correctly, will provide a lifetime of service! The Radial Duplex is exactly the same. The Radial JDI Duplex simplifies the hectic life of the touring professional, broadcast engineer or AV integrator. It is plug-and-play easy to use while delivering the utmost sonic quality.
Like the Radial JDI, the Radial JDI Duplex employs two high-performance Jensen audio transformers with the same pristine audio signal path that has made the Radial JDI Duplex the industry standard. It features exceptional signal handling with virtually zero phase shift or harmonic distortion, while remaining linear across the entire audio spectrum. When driven to extremes, the natural transformer saturation and resulting warm Bessel curve makes the Radial JDI Duplex the perfect choice for smoothing out highly dynamic instruments such as digital pianos and electronic drums that can sound harsh when pushed. Transformer isolation provides the additional benefit of eliminating troublesome ground loops that can cause hum and buzz in the audio system or interfere with video displays.
This 'Swiss Army knife' Radial JDI Duplex is equipped with ¼" connectors for instruments, RCA connectors and a 3.5mm TRS for unbalanced -10dB consumer electronics plus XLR inputs for +4dB professional line sources. Radial's innovative book-end design provides protective zones on the front and rear to keep connectors and switches out of harm's way. The 14 gauge I-beam inner frame adds tremendous rigidity to eliminate outside stresses that could torque the PC board and cause premature solder joint and trace failure. The steel outer shell couples with the transformer's MuMETAL® shield to protect against stray magnetic fields from power transformers or lighting systems that could cause interference. Finally, a full-bottom no-slip pad works double-duty by providing both mechanical and electrical isolation. The Radial JDI Duplex delivers outstanding connectivity, superlative audio and quiet dependable performance.
The Radial JDI Duplex the world's finest passive stereo direct box.
Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box Features
- Stereo direct box for high output sources
- Ultra linear response from 10Hz to 40kHz
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion
- Eliminates hum and buzz from ground loops
- Linear response from 10Hz ~ 40kHz
- Enhanced connectivity with ¼, RCA, and XLR inputs
- Extraordinary level handling without distortion
- Built to handle the rigors of live touring
- Plug & play, easy-to-use!
- Transformer isolation eliminates hum & buzz
- No battery or phantom power required
- Makes just about anything sound better!
- Jensen transformer equipped for ultimate performance
Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box Applications
- Digital piano, samplers and keyboards
- Stereo bass guitar & synth setups
- CD, DJ mixers and DVD players
- Inputs for line-level +4dB sources
Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Dual channel (stereo)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 135dB
- Maximum Input: +20dB @ 1kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001%; 1kHz/+4dBu; 600 ohm load
- Phase Deviation: -1° @ 20Hz; 0.5° @ 150Hz; 600 ohm load
- Input Impedance - Unbalanced: 140k ohm Pad off; 10k ohm Pad on
- Input Impedance - Balanced FXLR: 10k ohm
- Output impedance - Balanced MXLR: 600 ohms
- Transformer: Jensen JT-DB-E, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Dual Faraday, mu-metal can
- Input Pad: -15dB (¼" and RCA inputs only)
- Sum Mono: Resistive summing mixer
- 180° Polarity Reverse: Toggles pins 2 and 3 at the XLR outputs
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Input: +4dB balanced female XLR
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4", RCA, 3.5mm TRs in, XLR-F in, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Power coated
- Size: (W x H x D) 160mm x 48 x 127mm (6.3" x 1.9" x 5")
- Weight: 1kg (2.2lbs)
- Shipping Size: (W x H x D) 210 x 159 x 83mm (8.25" x 6.25" x 3.25")
- Shipping Weight: 1.43 kg (3.15 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial JDI Duplex Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box Downloads
- Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial JDI Duplex Passive Direct Box Smart Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This DI works incredibly well (and reliably) with acoustic guitars, bass guitars, and keyboards. The added features over the single-channel version are well worth the price.