The Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box is designed to handle extreme signal levels without distortion of any kind. The JDI employs a pair of Jensen audio transformers that at once balance the signal and lower the impedance to drive long cables. No power is required. You simply plug in and it works.
The Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box offers virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion. The magic comes from the amazing Jensen transformers inside. Jensens are legendary in their ability to gracefully handle transients while delivering a smooth, warm sounding Bessel curve, reminiscent of the finest vintage gear. Ruler flat from 10Hz to 40kHz and with virtually zero phase deviation, the Radial JDI Stereo delivers the natural, pure sound of the instrument without artifact. In addition to converting the unbalanced Hi-Z signal to low, the transformers also serve to isolate the input from the output, essentially filtering out stray DC voltage that can cause noise and lead to so called ground loops. This allows audio to pass while eliminating problems.
Features include input and thru-put ¼" connectors plus a -15dB input pad on each channel. This is supplemented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the two XLR outputs to further reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Built tough to handle the abuse of live touring, the Radial JDI Stereo employs a 14-gauge steel I-beam inner frame and a unique book-end outer shell. The innovative design eliminates stress on the PCB, reducing opportunity for solder joints to go 'cold' while the outer shell creates a protective zone around the switches and connectors. The steel enclosure works with the transformer's MuMETAL® cans and internal Faraday shield to protect the sensitive inner workings from powerful magnetic fields such as those generated by stage amplifiers. This ensures the signal transfer is quiet and free from hum.
The original Radial JDI has become the most popular passive direct box in both professional touring and recording studios around the world and there is no question that the Radial JDI Stereo is sure to follow suit. These combined features have made the Radial JDI the most popular passive direct box in professional touring and an excellent choice for instrument interface in the studio!
The Radial JDI Stereo the world's finest passive direct box.
Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box Features
- Jensen Transformer equipped passive DI
- Eliminates hum and buzz from ground loops
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion
- Compact stereo format for twice the performance
Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box Applications
- Two basses connected to amps and PA - The Radial JDI Stereo is perfect for sending the pure bass signal to the PA system. Use the Thru connectors to feed two channels on your amp.
- Stereo laptop with controller keyboard - The Jensen equipped JDI Stereo is able to gracefully handle extreme transients from your digital piano, laptop or DJ mixer without choking.
- Two acoustic guitars connected to the PA - The smooth sounding Jensen transformers smooth out the peaks from your acoustic guitar to produce a nice rich, warm tone.
Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Two channels (dual mono)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 135dB
- Maximum Input: +21dB @ 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Jensen JT-DBE
- Shield: Dual Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input Pad: -15dB
- 180° Polarity Reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (703 grams)
- Shipping Size: L x W x D 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 1.92 lbs (870.9 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial JDI Stereo Passive Direct Box Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review