The Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box is an active Reamper that allows the engineer to play a pre-recorded track back through guitar amplifiers and pedals. This opens the door to explore new musical sounds and spur on the creative process so that your recording stands out.
The Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box is an active re-amper that allows a track from a multi-track recorder to be played through a guitar amplifier(s) and re-recorded. Players and engineers can experiment with different combinations of amps and effect pedals long after the original performance has been recorded to build the thickest and chunkiest guitar tracks.
Using the Radial X-Amp is easy: start by recording a dry track using a high quality direct box like the Radial J48. Send the new track from your recorder via the Radial X-Amp to your guitar amps, effect pedals or combinations thereof. Once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving two amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created while allowing you to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses.
Following the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector, the Radial X-Amp employs a unique class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, a transformer isolated output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, a 180° polarity reverse switch to bring both amps into phase, and a dual ground lift switch for noise-free operation.
As with all Radial products, the Radial X-Amp is built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance. An internal I-beam skeleton provides maximum protection against external stress which could cause solder points to fail. This is supplemented with an innovative book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches, potentiometer and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the Radial X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation. Reamping works equally well on bass, keyboards, drums and voice. Once you start Reamping, you will never record any other way.
The Radial X-Amp... the active Reamp for professional recording engineers.
Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box Features
- Active Reamp with two outputs
- 100% discrete class-A signal path
- Transformer isolated to eliminate noise
- LED peak indicator and level control
- 100% Class-A circuit yields amazing clarity
- Overload LED helps monitor input levels
- Dual outputs drive two amps or pedal chains
- Polarity reverse corrects phase between amps
- Out-2 is transformer-isolated to eliminate ground loops
- Active level control to set perfect levels for your amp
- Active design reproduces original performance
- Tweak amp and pedal sound AFTER recording
- Reduces player fatigue and repetition
- Amplify acoustic instrument without feedback
- Run 2 amps without hum or buzz
Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box Applications
- Line-level to instrument level conversion
- Interfaces recording gear with amps & pedals
- Re-amp your way to fat sounding tracks
- Use during basic tracks, over-dubs and mixing
Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box Specifications
- Audio Circuit Type: 100% discrete class-A
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 15kHz (± 1.0dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 88dB below instrument level (-20dBu)
- Dynamic Range: 119dB
- Noise Floor: OUT-1 -110dB; OUT-2 -108dBu
- Maximum Input: +22dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02% @ -15dBu
- Inter-Modulation Distortion: 0.02% @ -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 600O
- XLR Input: Balanced line-level, AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Ground Lift (Input): Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
- Output Level: Adjustable
- Output Type: High-Z instrument-level, Out-1 direct, Out-2 transformer isolated
- Polarity: 180º polarity reverse on Out-2
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell, powder-coat finish
- Size: 3.3 x 5.0 x 2 (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55lb (720g)
- Shipping Size: 5x2.75x10.75 (127x70x273mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.6lb (1.18kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box Includes
- Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box
- Power Cable
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial X-Amp Re-Amping Box Downloads
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very good clean reamp boxDec 9th 2011
I have used this to reamp guitars and bass. This box has allowed me to reamp what sounds like a completely identical signal back into the amp. I cant hear any difference when a/b'ing the original and reamped. I would recommend this for sure.
Rock SolidNov 9th 2010
Like everything Radial does this unit is built like a tank. Sound is fantastic and the quality is top notch. For a $200 unit it has a limited use spectrum but if you need to reamp something this is the unit to get.
Does what it's supposed to very wellDec 6th 2005
If you need a reamp box.This is it.Mine has been a lifesaver.I've used it in quite a few situations.Even running pro tools outputs back through stomp boxes.