Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box
The Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box is a passive re-amplifying device that has been developed to explore new musical sounds and spur on the creative process through alternative recording techniques. The ProRMP allows pre-recorded instrument tracks to be sent through effect pedals and guitar amplifiers.
The Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box is a 100% passive reamper that lets you to take a pre-recorded track and re-amplify it through a guitar amp or effects pedals to create new and exciting tones.
For years, Reamping has been the 'secret weapon' for countless recordings by the biggest names in the business! Few realize that recording engineers not only Reamp guitars, but often Reamp bass, keyboards, drums and even voice as a means to bring creative new tones and sonic signatures to their music.
Reamping has many benefits. You start by recording a clean track and concentrate on capturing the best musical performance. Once the magic has been captured, send the clean track back to the amps and effects and adjust the sound to suit. No more hours of repetition for the guitarist, no more rushed jobs due to scheduling, and best of all, you do not have to commit to the sound of the track. You can modify the tone as the recording progresses while using real amps, effects and natural ambiance for the most organic tone.
The Radial ProRMP is a 100% passive Reamper. This means it does not require any external powering. The magic behind the Radial ProRMP's great tone is a custom wound transformer that at once converts the balanced line level source to a hi-z output for your amp while also acting as an electrical isolator to eliminate troublesome ground loops that can often cause buzz and hum in the sound. Plug and play easy to use, the Radial ProRMP connects from the recorder to your amp and effects units and does all the impedance matching for you. Just adjust the level to suit!
Like all Radial products, the Radial ProRMP is built tough! Encased in 14 gauge steel, the Radial ProRMP employs a unique book-end design with a tough I-beam frame that protects it from damage and assures the PC board and solder points will not be stressed. A full-bottom no-slip pad works double duty by providing plenty of stay put while also eliminating electrical contact points from guitar amp chassis bolts that could cause ground loops.
The Radial ProRMP - affordable Reamping for every studio!
Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box Features
- Play pre-recorded tracks through amps and pedals
- On board level control for fine tuning amp level
- Transformer isolated to eliminate buzz and hum
- Opens the door to creative new tones and textures
- Plug and play easy to use
- Eliminates tiresome repetition
- Hire top players and change their tone later!
- Monitor the new sound in the control room
- Lets you capture the sweet spot in your room
- Reamping guitars for new sounds
- Reamping voice for fun effects
- Reamping keyboards through guitar amps
- Reamping drums & percussion
Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box Applications
- Reamping Step-1 - Record the guitar track using a Radial direct box like the Pro48. This splits the signal so that the guitar player can hear his amp while you capture the clean (dry) performance.
- Reamping Step-2 - Send the dry track from your recording system to the Radial ProRMP. This then feeds your guitar amp and pedals. Adjust the tone and move the mics until you get the sound you want.
- Using the ProRMP with a wireless system - Most wireless systems simply do not sound all that good. Take the balanced output from the wireless and send it through the Radial ProRMP. You will be amazed at the warmth!
Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer isolated
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0/-1dB)
- Dynamic Range: >137dB
- Equilavent Input Noise: >-98dBu Noise plus gain
- Phase Deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 5° @ 20Hz
- Gain: >-10dB
- Maximum Input: >+26dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003%
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 100dB @ 60Hz (unbalanced source)
- Input Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Output Impedance: 600?, balanced
- Noise: -111dBu
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81dB
- Input Pad: -15dB
- 180° Polarity Reverse: Inverts signal polarity
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- Merge: Input summing mixer
- Speaker Filter: -30dB pad and band-pass filter
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (720 g)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box Includes
- Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box Downloads
- Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial ProRMP Passive Re-Amping Box Smart Sheet (PDF)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So this solid little box does just that. I like the fact that I can feed any guitar amp with any line level signal I may want to send through sspeakers. It is not powered either, so no battery or phantom needed. Great tool for recording!
I'm pretty new at the concept of re-amping, but this is the perfect unit that will allow to do that. This unit is used to re-amp my bass tracks through my REDDI DI box. Re-amping gives you many more possibilities for acheiving the sound you want! This unit is high-quality, while not breaking your budget!