Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter
The Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter is a high performance balanced mic level splitter that lets you split a signal and feed multiple destinations at the same time. Equipped with one isolated output and a premium Jensen transformer, the JS2 is easy to use, flexible and sounds great!
The Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter's typical applications include splitting a signal in the studio to feed more than one preamp, feeding a stage mic to more than one mixing console, or even splitting the signal to a live PA during a broadcast event.
The Radial JS2 is equipped with one isolated output. The engine inside the unit is a premium Jensen transformer. It features a nickel laminated core for exceptionally low harmonic distortion without the usual phase shift and limited bandwidth typically introduced by lesser designs. The adial JS2 delivers better than 90dB of noise rejection, eliminating troublesome noise caused by stray DC voltage and hum & buzz caused by ground loops. The signal path is 100% discrete and incorporates RF filtering for even greater noise suppression. These 'problem-solvers' offer a simple yet highly effective interface for microphones or direct boxes, and by engaging the built-in -30dB pad, consumer and line level devices may also be connected without distortion or fear of overload due to saturation.
As with all Radial products, both mic splitters feature rugged 14-gauge steel construction for maximum durability. A unique book-end design creates a protective zone for switches and connectors against the harsh environment of concert touring while the internal I-beam frame makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board which could otherwise compromise the sensitive solder joints. The innovative design also has the unique advantage of allowing up to 8 units to be rack-mounted using the Radial J-Rak.
The Radial JS2... split the mic signal without compromising your sound.
Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter Features
- Jensen® transformer-equipped for optimal signal transfer
- Choice of 2-way or 3-way designs for extra flexibility
- Compact design, up to 8 may be rack mounted in a J-Rak
- Ultra rugged 14-gauge steel construction for added durability
- Jensen transformers for best sound
- Plug & play and easy-to-use
- Completely passive, no power needed
- Provides recording feed from a live performance
- Distributes line-level signals
Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter Applications
- Using the JS2 for a 2-way split - The Radial JS2 is the perfect interface for splitting a microphone to feed more than one mixer at the same time. 100% isolation eliminates potential ground loops between the two consoles for quiet performance. The main output provides a 48V phantom power return path to the mic.
- Using the JS2 to compare two mic preamps - In the studio, it is often advantageous to compare the sound of two mic preamps on a particular voice. The Radial JS2 is ideally suited for this as it will not color the sound of the mic or add distortion. The plug & play simplicity makes set up quick.
Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive mic/line splitter, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Three-way splitter (one in/three out)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB/ -2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 140dB
- Maximum Input: +25dBu @ 1kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 0.7° @ 100Hz; 2.8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 2.4k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- JS2 Transformer: JT-MB-CPC, 1:1 ratio
- Shield: Dual Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input Pad: -30dB (allows line-level sources)
- Ground Lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 at direct-2 and isolated output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: XLR-F in, XLR-M direct; direct-2; isolated outputs
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (W x H x D): 84 x 127 x 48mm (3.3" x 5.0" x 2")
- Weight: 0.70 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping Size (W x H x D): 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: .87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter Includes
- Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial JS2 Microphone Splitter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review