Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter
The Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter is a high performance mic splitter that accepts a balanced microphone signal and sends it to three outputs simultaneously. As a passive device, there is no need for power you merely plug in and the ProMS2 automatically springs to life to deliver pristine audio without artefact or color.
The Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter is a balanced microphone splitter that distributes the mic signal and sends it to three outputs. The magic inside the Radial ProMS2 is a premium Eclipse ET-MS10 transformer. This features a nickel laminated core that delivers a wide frequency response and exceptional signal handling with virtually zero distortion at all frequencies. And with better than 115dB of common mode noise rejection, you can rest assured that hum and buzz caused by ground loops and stray DC currents will be kept at a minimum. To shield against stray magnetic fields, the transformer is doubly protected with an integral MuMETAL® can plus a rugged external steel enclosure. This is augmented with RF filtering and a 100% discrete signal path to ensure optimal signal flow.
As with all Radial products, construction begins with a rugged 14-gauge steel for maximum durability. A unique book-end design creates a recessed zone around the switches and connectors to protect against the harsh environment of concert touring. An internal I-beam frame makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board which could otherwise compromise the sensitive solder joints. The innovative design has the unique advantage of allowing up to 8 units to be rack-mounted using the Radial J-Rak. Typical applications include splitting a signal in the studio to feed more than one preamp, feeding a stage mic to more than one mixing console, or even splitting the signal from a live stage to supply a broadcast feed.
The Radial ProMS2 is a great sounding problem solver that lets you split microphone and DI signals with ease and confidence.
Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter Features
- High performance Eclipse transformer for optimal signal transfer
- Equipped with direct, isolated and auxiliary outputs for 3-way split
- May be rack-mounted in the J-Rak for multi-channel use
- Rugged 14-gauge steel construction for added durability and shielding
Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter Applications
- Using the ProMS2 for a 2-way split - The Radial ProMS2 is the perfect interface for splitting a microphone to feed more than one mixer at the same time. 100% isolation eliminates potential ground loops between the two consoles for quiet performance while the main output provides a 48V phantom power return path to the mic.
- Using the ProMS2 for a 3-way split - Sometimes, you need to feed the main mixer, stage monitors and a recorder at the same time. Connect the source mic to the Radial ProMS2 XLR input, the direct out with phantom power return path to the main mixer, the direct out with ground lift to the monitor desk and the isolated out to the recording system.
- Using the ProMS2 to compare two mic preamps - In the studio, it is often advantageous to compare the sound of two mic preamps on a particular voice, instrument or amplifier. The Radial ProMS2 makes comparing preamps easy! Simply connect the mic to the Radial ProMS2 and then split the signal to feed the two preamps and record with the one that sounds best!
Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive
- Input Impedance: 2.5K Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 140K Ohms, balanced
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB -1dB)
- Gain: -0.5dB
- Dynamic Range: >140dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001%
- Noise Floor: -140dB
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Phase Deviation: 1° @ 20Hz
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.003%
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -115dB at 60Hz
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-MS10
- Pad: -30dB
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at both XLR outputs
- XLR Configuration: AES standard Pin-1 ground, Pin-2(+), Pin-3(-)
- Connectors: XLR-F in, XLR-M direct; direct-2; isolated outputs
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) 84 x 127 x 48mm (3.3" x 5.0" x 2")
- Weight: 0.70 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping Size: W x H x D 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: .87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter Includes
- Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ProMS2 Microphone Splitter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review