ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter
The ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter is an eight channel three way microphone splitter designed for live sound, recording and broadcast applications where microphone and XLR balanced line level input signals have to go to multiple mix locations.
The ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter's each channel provides one XLR input, one XLR direct output with two additional transformer isolated XLR outputs for a total of 3 balanced outputs from each single microphone input signal. Typical uses would include sending 8 direct signals through the ART ?S8-3WAY? to a main Front-of-house mixer, with additional feeds going to a monitor mix station while transformer balanced isolated feeds are sent to remote recording desk or used for a broadcast feed.
The ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter features the same high-quality musical sounding transformers used in the popular ART S8, and is housed in a standard 1U space rack-mountable steel chassis designed for years of reliable operation.
ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter Features
- High quality passive interface
- Eight high performance transformers
- One direct and two transformer isolated output per channel
- Balanced XLR input and 3 balanced XLR per channel
- Extremely wide frequency response
- Extremely low voltage insertion loss
- Reversible rack ears for added system flexibility
- Perfect for live sound, permanent/fixed install, studio applications
ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20K Hz, ±0.25 dB @ -15 dBu, -3 dB at approximately 165K Hz
- THD + Noise:
- Less than 0.26% from 20 Hz to 20K Hz at –15 dBu input
- Less than 0.1% from 45 Hz to 20K Hz at –15 dBu input
- 0.002% Typical at 1K Hz, –15 dBu input
- Phase Response: Less than 10 degrees at 20K Hz (ref. 1K Hz)
- Input Impedance: Greater than 1.1K Ohms at 1K Hz (Typical driving source impedance is 150 Ohms)
- Output Impedance: Less than 255 Ohms at 1K Hz (Typical output load impedance is 1K Ohms)
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: Greater than 105 dB @ 60 Hz, Greater than 80 dB @ 3K Hz
- Voltage Insertion Loss: Approximately 2 dB at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level For 1% THD: -1.4 dBu at 20 Hz, +3.5 dBu at 30 Hz, +9.4 dBu at 50 Hz
- Dimensions: 1.75”H x 19”W x 3.75”D (44.5mm x 482.6mm x 95mm)
- Weight: 3.75 lbs. (1.7 kg)
ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter Includes
- S8-3 Microphone Splitter
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
ART S8-3 Microphone Splitter Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I now have five of these units to cover one large (or two smaller) recording rigs used for music festivals and individual band gigs.
Having that extra split comes in very handy if a PA system that I patch into uses an onstage monitor desk.
They do what's on the box... SPLIT! Clean and without fuss!
1st day of use all 8 channels worked great. next session channels 1 & 2 would not co-operate at all for the only 2 mic's that need phantom power. gonna send it back and try again.