Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box
The Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box is a high-quality ultra-compact passive direct box at a more affordable price point. Featuring a custom-made transformer for handling high levels without saturation, the ProD2 is ideal for electronic musical instruments and audio equipment.
The Radial ProD2 is a compact stereo direct box developed specifically to address the needs and challenges of interfacing a stereo keyboard to a professional audio system. This passive DI features two independent channels with separate inputs and thru-puts for the artist's stage amp and two fully isolated outputs for the PA system.
At the heart of the Radial ProD2 are two high performance Eclipse ET-DB2 transformers. These deliver 20Hz to 20kHz performance with less than 1.5dB deviation above 18kHz and are able to withstand tremendous signal levels without distortion. Unlike active circuits that overload when the signal exceeds the rail voltage, transformers saturate. This creates a pleasing effect that naturally rounds out the tone, acting like a subtle limiter which is particularly advantageous when interfacing the Radial ProD2 with digital pianos, samplers and drum machines that can produce excessive dynamics. Transformers are particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
As with all Radial products, the Radial ProD2 is built tough to handle the rigors of professional touring. A 14-gauge steel ultra rigid i-beam skeleton frame eliminates opportunity from outside stress to flex the sensitive PC board and cause premature solder joint failure. The innovative book-end design creates a protective zone around the connectors and switches further increasing lifespan. And a full bottom no-slip pad adds mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to further reduce opportunity for noise.
The Radial ProD2's warm sound, legendary build quality and compact design have made it the most popular stereo direct box made today.
Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box Features
- Stereo direct box designed for keyboards
- Smooth, warm sound rounds out digital edge
- Able to handle huge transients without choking
- May be rack mounted for touring rigs
- Great sounding, rugged passive DI
- High performance custom-wound transformer
- -15dB PAD for wide range of input levels
- Ground lift switch eliminates ground loop hum
- Ultra-tough design, to last a lifetime
- Plug & play - easy-to-use
- Completely passive, no power needed
Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box Applications
- Stereo keyboards and drum machines
- Interface consumer audio with pro gear
- Eliminates buzz and hum caused by ground loops
Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 128dB
- Maximum Input: +18dB @ 20Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 1° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB2, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input Pad: -15dB
- 180° Polarity Reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (W x H x D): 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: .54kg (1.2lbs)
- Shipping Size L x W x D: 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.61 kg (1.35 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial ProD2 Passive Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ProD2 Passive Direct box Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It's weird to be inspired by a DI box but I am. It does the job, does it simply, and does it very well. I've lost count of the number of times this box has solved problems for me. Built like a tank, I've accidentally dropped one off the front of the stage. Chassis was a little dented but otherwise good as new.
Dave at Front End was a great help, even influencing me to choose a the Radial, which is working great! Very satisfied....
Not much to say about Radial DIs. They work and work well. Appear to be very well made.
I have a couple of this particular model and needed another so decided to get another of the same model, since the ones I already have work so well.
Twice the great sound! Either stereo or for two instruments and only one direct box. Sounds good with every instrument we have tried. Clean, crisp, and tight with bass even low b string. Guitar mics in stereo with a Tele on an orange amp sound fantastic.