Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box
The Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box combines exceptional audio performance with solid dependable construction, making it the ideal general duty direct box for stage and studio. Featuring a custom wound Radial transformer, and an exceptionally high 140k? input impedance, the ProDI handles extreme signal levels at all frequencies without distortion.
The Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box is a high-quality ultra-compact passive direct box that has been specifically developed to allow regional sound companies and project studios to enjoy the quality of a Radial direct box at a more affordable price point.
The heart of the Radial ProDI is a custom wound Radial transformer. It features an exceptionally high 140k? input impedance to reduce loading while enabling the Radial ProDI to handle extreme signal levels at all frequencies without distortion. This is further improved upon with an internal MuMETAL® shield to protect against electromagnetic fields that can cause unshielded transformers to distort.
This compact direct box Radial ProDI begins with 14-gauge steel I-beam skeleton for added rigidity and Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around switches and connectors. Glass filled nylon connectors and high cycle switches combine with the mil-spec PCB and internal RF filtering to provide durability and noise-free performance. A full bottom no-slip pad provides both mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to further protect against the rigors of professional touring.
The Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box is ideally suited for instruments such as bass guitar, active acoustics, keyboards and just about anything else! When you consider all of the features and the affordable price tag, it is no wonder the Radial ProDI has become one of the most popular direct boxes ever made.
The Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box Spectacular performance at a price that anyone can afford!
Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box Features
- Compact passive direct box for stage and studio
- Able to handle huge transients without distortion
- Transformer isolation eliminates noisy ground loops
- Plug and play easy to use feature set - on stage or in the studio
- Great sounding, rugged passive DI
- High performance custom-wound transformer
- -15dB PAD for wide range of input levels
- Ground lift switch eliminates ground loop hum
- Ultra-tough design, to last a lifetime
- Completely passive, no power needed
Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box Applications
- ProDI for acoustic guitars and bass guitars
- ProD2 for stereo keyboards and drum machines
- Interface consumer audio with pro gear
- Eliminates buzz and hum caused by ground loops
Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 128dB
- Maximum Input: +18dB @ 20Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 1° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB2, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input Pad: -15dB
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) 70 x 108 x 44mm (2.75 x 4.25 x 1.75")
- Weight: .54kg (1.2lbs)
- Shipping Size: (W x H x D) 102 x 76 x 165mm (4.00" x 3.00" x 6.50")
- Shipping Weight: 0.61 kg (1.35 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ProDI Passive Direct Box Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Radial ProDI has a great full range and is very clean. We are using it for live sound on bass and acoustic guitars with only a tuner/bybass pedal. Sound from both instruments are full and clear.
Clean and solid performer. No special features, but nothing to break, either! Used it on stage and in the studio without a hiccough. Built like a tank (kinda looks like one, too).
The XLR connection is a little tight on my particular unit, but it's not a bad thing, especially for on-stage use!
I've even used it as a poor-man's Reamp using a 1/4"-XLRF cable; no attenuation, so you've got to turn your output way down and/or go into a stepped-down amp input, but it worked fine.