Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box
The Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box is a passive direct box, designed for use with laptop computers and other consumer devices where the user has a requirement for a 'ready access' volume control for quick adjustments on stage.
The Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box's design begins with a choice of inputs including dual ¼" jacks, left and right RCAs and a stereo 3.5mm input. These are wired in parallel to allow the signal to be split off to feed an alternate signal path such as monitors. Inside, two great sounding Eclipse transformers do the work of isolating and balancing the signal. These 'passive engines' deliver a linear frequency response from 20Hz to 18kHz and are capable of handling up to +15dB signal levels thus providing typical -10dB consumer-level devices with plenty of headroom. An easy access front panel stereo level control makes adjusting the volume a snap. A handy stereo-to-mono switch makes it easy to reduce the output channel count or send the same balanced signal to two destinations at once. Transformers provide galvanic isolation between the source and the destination and are extremely effective at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops. This is augmented with a ground lift switch at the XLR outputs. One merely connects the source to the Radial Trim-Two and then the male XLR outputs to the PA system. As the Trim-Two is completely passive, no power is required.
Made in Canada from heavy duty 14 gauge steel, the Radial Trim-Two features Radial's unique book-end design that creates protective zones around the connectors and controls. Inside, the unique I-beam frame protects the sensitive inner workings from potential damage that could torque the PC board and cause solder pointes to prematurely go cold. The steel casing also provides shielding against external magnetic fields.
These features make the Radial Trim-Two a great choice for keyboard players, DJs, audio-visual presenters and others that employ a laptop or tablet with a handy volume control.
Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box Features
- Stereo direct box for line level sources
- Ultra linear response from 30Hz to 20kHz
- Easy access front panel volume control
- Choice of RCA, ¼" and 3.5mm connectors
Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box Applications
- Using the Trim-Two in a keyboard setup - Use your laptop as a sound source with the Radial Trim-Two connected to control the volume and send a balanced signal to the PA system.
- Using the Trim-Two with a DJ setup - Simplify your DJ setup using a PC to play sound files and the Radial Trim-Two to balance the signal. The handy volume control makes it easy to manage.
- Using the Trim-Two with a tablet - Play your sound files using the Radial Trim-Two by connecting it from the headphone output to the 3.5mm input. Use the variable level control to trim the level and avoid distortion.
Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Dual channel (stereo)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Dynamic Range: >100dB
- Maximum Input: +20dB @ 20Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.009%
- Phase Deviation: <10°
- Input Impedance: 10K ?, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 2.8K ?, balanced
- Transformer: Custom
- Shield: Copper foil
- Input Pad: Variable level control
- Mono Sum: Merges left + right sources to mono
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 @ both XLR outputs
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 Hot)
- Connectors: 1/4", RCA and 3.5mm input, XLR-M ouput
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) 84 x 127 x 48mm (3.3" x 5.0" x 2")
- Weight: 0.70 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping Size: (W x H x D) 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: .87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Trim-Two Passive Direct Box Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review