Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool
The Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool with 100% discrete class-A circuitry for great sound, allows you to quickly align the phase response of two audio signals to fatten and create more natural tones. While bringing two sound sources together so that the fundamentals play in sync, this creative tool expands your tonal palette.
The Radial Phazer is an analogue phase alignment tool that lets you bring two sound sources together so that the fundamentals play in sync. Once in phase, the results are impressive: On electric guitar; you can combine the direct feed of an amp with a room mic to create fat rich tones. On a kick drum, combine the 'attack' sound from a batter head mic with the 'boom' captured by the outer shell mic. On a snare drum, combine the top and bottom mics and on acoustic instruments, combine a close 'spot' mic with a room mic to capture textures like never before.
The Radial Phazer is designed from the ground up for optimum sound quality. It employs full-size 100% discreet class-A electronics to deliver the warmth and thickness that is simply not possible with chip based devices. This results in smooth, natural sounding phase curves which are particularly noticeable in the lower frequency spectrum. 0º to 180º phase adjustment is performed with a single knob making it easy to zone-in on the sweet spot. For the more adventurous, a 180° polarity reverse switch accesses the 181° to 360° range and lets you create weird to absurd 'Phazed' tonal textures. This is augmented with a variable low-pass filter that lets you focus the effect in the lower frequency spectrum - where phasing is most audible.
Built Radial tough for the road, the Radial Phazer is equipped with an innovative book-end design that creates a protective zone around the knobs and switches. Construction is 14-gauge steel with an internal I-beam frame that protects the sensitive electronics in even the harshest touring environments. A full bottom no-slip pad provides electrical insulation to eliminate electrical bonding and mechanical isolation to reduce mishap.
The Radial Phazer is a creative tool for the studio designed to expand your tonal palette. Live, it delivers great sound fast. Once you try one, you will never mix without!
Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool Features
- Time align two signals for exceptional clarity
- 100% analogue, does not 'step' like digital delay
- Low-pass filter lets you focus the effect
- Single dial control gets you there fast
- Can be used with any instrument
- Once you try it, you will never mix without
Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool Applications
- Using the Phazer in a kick drum - Engineers love to combine the attack of the batter head with the boom of a second mic. The Radial Phazer elevates the effect by letting you combine the two in perfect sync. Simply insert the Radial Phazer on the batter head channel, rotate the phase control and in seconds you are there.
- Using the Phazer with a guitar amp - Sometimes, getting a great guitar sound seems to take forever. This is due to irregularities such as stage resonance, room acoustics and a slight shift in mic position. Combine a Radial JDX direct box with the usual SM57 on the speaker. Phaze adjust the Radial JDX and in seconds, you will get huge guitar sounds.
- Using the Phazer to solve bass problems - In smaller venues, the bass level coming off the stage can often compete with the PA system making it hard to mix. Combine the direct feed from the bass amp using a Radial JDX direct box and phase align it to the PA using the Radial Phazer. You will be amazed at how this simple process will clean up your mix.
Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active analog phase adustment
- Number of Channels: Mono
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.5dB)
- Signal to Noise: 77dB
- Dynamic Range: 94dB
- Maximum Input: +11.5dBu @ 1kHz, 1% THD+N
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz, -10dBu output
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms, balanced
- Output Impedance: 2k Ohms, balanced
- Low Pass Filter: Variable range, 300Hz ~ 3.8kHz / 3.8kHz ~ 38kHz
- Ground Lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 at XLR output
- Phase Reverse: Inverts the signal phase at the output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: ¼" TRS, XLR balanced inputs and outputs
- Construction: 14 Gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (W x H x D): 4.5" x 2" x 6" (114 x 57 x 147mm)
- Weight: 2.8 lb (1.3kg)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 4.75" x 2.5" x 10.75" (121 x 64 x 273mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.05 lb ( 1.4kg)
- Power: +15V DC/400mA power supply included
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool Includes
- Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Phazer Phase Alignment Tool Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review