Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface
The Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface is a compact studio talkback controller designed to provide a simple yet full-function cueing system that allows easy communication with artists in a separate booth or on the other side of the control room glass.
The Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface begins with a centrally located talkback switch that activates the built-in microphone, illuminating a bright LED to indicate that the talkback channel to the artist is active. This is supplemented with an external mic input for a dynamic microphone, allowing a stand-mounted mic to function as the main talkback source, or act as an additional talkback mic for a producer. Both the internal and external microphone levels are set via individual trim controls along with a master mic volume. A Radial JR1 remote footswitch can be connected for hands-free activation of one or both talkback mic's. When the Studio-Q talkback is active, the signal is routed to the studio headphone system while it automatically dims the program to the desired level. A separate program level control allows instant access to the playback volume feeding the headphone mix.
Connecting audio to the Radial Studio-Q is straightforward with balanced ¼" TRS program inputs and outputs. The external mic input features a standard XLR for a dynamic microphone, while the JR1 remote connects via ¼" jack. An additional 'remote out' ¼" jack allows you to send a dry contact signal to an external device when the talkback switch is depressed. This can also be set to carry DC power and accommodate a remotely powered LED beacon to attract attention when the artist isnt wearing headphones or is in the middle of a take.
Following Radials pedigree for robust manufacturing, the Radial Studio-Q is made from heavy 14-gauge steel for added durability and shielding against stray magnetic fields. A compact chassis size reduces the footprint on your desktop, with rubber feet that protect the work surface while keeping it firmly in place. The Radial Studio-Q is powered by a 15VDC supply which may be locked in place using a cable clamp.
The Radial Studio-Q... a simple talkback system that improves communication and adds professionalism to your studio.
Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface Features
- Compact desktop cue system for studio recording
- Allows engineer & producer to talk to artist
- Built-in engineer mic and external producer mic input
- Improves studio efficiency, workflow and professionalism
Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface Applications
- Home studio setup - Use the Radial Studio-Q to add talkback functionality to your system. Now you can communicate seamlessly with an artist on headphones in a separate room.
- Adding a Beacon - The remote Beacon can be connected via ¼" cable, illuminating whenever the talkback button is pressed. This gives an additional visual indication that the engineer or producer is trying to communicate over the cue system.
- Using an external microphone - The XLR mic input on the Radial Studio-Q allow a second microphone to be used so a producer or band member can also communicate with the artist in the booth. This can be controlled with a separate footswitch for easy hands-free operation.
Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active with FET dim circuits
- Number of Channels: Mono or Stereo operation
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.5dB
- Noise Floor: -86dBu
- Dynamic Range: 106dB
- Maximum Input - Program: +14dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.005%
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.007%
- Input Impedence - Program: 20 kO
- Input Impedence - EXT Mic: 2 kO
- Clip Level - ¼ Outputs: +20dBu
- Output Impedence - ¼ Output: 225 O
- Maximum Gain - EXT Mic Input: +45dB
- Dim Attenuation: -6dB to -80dB
- Input Connections: ¼ left/right program inputs, ¼" remote input, XLR microphone input
- Output Connectors: ¼ left/right outputs, ¼ remote output
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Finish: Durable Powder Coat
- Size (L x W x H): 4.88" x 3.63" x 2" (12.4cm x 9.2cm x 5.1cm)
- Weight: 1.45lb (0.66kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 11.75" x 4.75" x 3" (29.8cm x 12.1cm x 7.6cm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.15lb (0.98kg)
- Conditions: For indoor use at temperatures between +15°C and +40°C
- Power Supply: 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive
Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface Includes
- Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface Downloads
- Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface User Guide (PDF)
- Radial StudioQ Talkback Interface Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review