The Radial SGI Studio Guitar Interface System is a high performance line driver that takes an unbalanced guitar signal and allows you to drive it as far as 100 meters without noise. In the studio, the SGI allows the guitarist to sit in the control room and connect to a distant guitar amp.
The Radial SGI Active Studio Guitar Interface can be used to play the guitar amp using off-stage isolation cabinets or be used to manage guitar signals to and from wireless systems, pedalboards and amplifiers. The Radial SGI consists of two boxes: the SGI-TX transmitter and the SGI-RX receiver. The connection between the TX and RX is made using a standard balanced XLR microphone cable. To use, you simply plug your guitar into the SGI-TX input and connect your amp from the SGI-RX output and you are set to go. The Radial SGI does all of the balancing, buffering and impedance matching for you.
The real magic occurs inside. The design begins with full size 100% discrete parts with Radial's award winning class-A buffering circuit design. This is augmented with Drag Control load correction that lets you replicates the tone and feel as if connecting a guitar directly to a tube amplifier. To ensure noise free performance the system is transformer isolated, eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops. And with artists as diverse as Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Joe Perry and Metallica all using the Radial SGI, you can rest assured the tone of your guitar will sound the way it should.
The Radial SGI - the world's most amazing guitar signal driver!
Radial SGI Studio Guitar Interface System Features
- Balanced line driver for guitars and bass
- Send signal over 100 meters (300 feet) without loss
- 100% discrete class-A with Drag Control
- Delivers pure sound without artifact
- Retains original tone of guitar
- Quiet, adds nothing, unity gain input/output
- Uses common XLR mic cables and snakes
- Same buffer circuit used in Radial JD7 Injector
- Plug & Play' easy-to-use
Radial SGI Studio Guitar Interface System Applications
- Using the Radial SGI in the studio - The Radial SGI is the perfect interface for studio recording. Now, you can sit in the control room and play guitar and actually hear what is coming through the monitors while you play. Simply connect the guitar into the SGI-TX, run a balanced cable to the SGI-RX and crank to your hearts content!
- Using the Radial SGI on stage - The Radial SGI delivers a ready solution for large stages where high impedance guitar signals are often affected by the capacitance long cables or noise due to lighting systems. The Radial SGI balances the signal and delivers it without noise or artefact. Perfect for isolation cabinets, under stage amps or remote 'quiet' rooms.
- A solution to complex routing systems - The Radial SGI is a wonderful tool that can be used to help manage complex setups on stage. You can route the signal from the wireless receiver to the pedalboard, then use a second unit to drive the signal back to guitar amp and drive signals as far as you need to go without noise.
Radial SGI Studio Guitar Interface System Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active 100% discrete class-A with transformer isolation
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18kHz (-2dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 102dB (0dBu input)
- Dynamic Range: 112dB
- Noise Floor: -102dBu
- Maximum Input: +10dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% @ 1k
- Inter-Modulation Distortion: 0.04% @ 1k
- Input Impedance: Variable from 10k Ohms ~ 1 megaOhm
- Output Impedance: 4.5k Ohms (¼" unbalanced)
- Instrument Inputs: ¼" unbalanced inputs
- SGI-TX Output: Bal. XLR output (Studio Guitar Interface)
- SGI-RX Input: Bal. XLR input (Studio Guitar Interface)
- Drag: Variable Input Impedance control
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) Size: 2.75" x 4.25" x 1.75" (70 x 108 x 44mm)
- Weight: 3lbs. (1.36kg)
- Shipping Size: 5" x 2.75" x 10.75" (127 x 70 x 273mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.2lbs (1.45kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial SGI Studio Guitar Interface System Includes
- Radial SGI Unit
- User Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works perfectly. Great service.
I record 3 amp rigs which are located in a storage room for isolation. I use this interface in conjunction with a Radial JDX on each rig to deliver un-compromised, isolated sound from each rig. Works like a champ!
Does just what its suppose to do :) Plug it in and record !!
I play in a church with an amp backstage about 50foot away. I was never thrilled with the tone I was getting, so I decided to try converting the signal to balanced using this interface set. The tonal improvement was very noticeable and now I'm getting the full dynamic range from my pedal board.