The Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack is a desk-top power rack for 500 series modules that lets you mix and match up to six modules and safely power them to create a stereo channel strip or unique signal chain.
The Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack's design begins with a heavy 14 gauge steel construction and durable powder coat finish. This provides extra durability when moving the Radial SixPack around the studio while also providing better shielding against stray magnetic fields. To reduce induced noise, the power supply is external and connects using a 5-pin locking XLR. To ensure positive contact, the module card-edge connector is mated to a double sided EDAC 15-pin receptacle that is 100% compatible with the old API pin format. Extra safety is built-in to ensure malfunctioning modules will not harm the Radial SixPack or other modules that may already be connected. And with 1600 milliamps of shared current, the Radial SixPack exceeds all others with an average of over 265 milliamps per slot to ensure even the most power hungry tube modules will be satisfied.
Rear panel connectivity includes individual XLR input and output connectors wired in parallel to ¼" TRS connectors. These may be used as mults or for cross-patching various modules together to create innovative sounding signal paths. A set of 25-pin D-Sub connectors enable the Radial SixPack to easily integrate with a Workstation. Two XLR connectors are front mounted and may be routed to the D-Sub or to inputs 1 and 4 to make patching in a microphone more expedient. Extra features include a feed switch that patches one module into the next, a link switch to combine stereo-ready modules and Omniport, a ¼" TRS jack that adds extra functionality.
The convenient design lets you set the Radial SixPack down on your work surface or carry it around the studio using the side-mounted handle. Optional flanges let you mount it in a 19" rack if you plan to take your Radial SixPack on the road! The Radial SixPack the tastiest 500 series lunch basket ever!
Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack Features
- Portable 6 slot power rack with carry handle
- Perfect for stereo channels or as a studio side car
- Powerful 1600 milliamp supply will not sag when loaded
- Workstation ready with front panel convenience XLRs
- Extra patch points for more flexibility
- Feed reduces patch cable spaghetti mess!
- Omniport for extra module functionality
- Optional hardware to recess or rack-mount
- Eliminates soldering to set up stereo link
- Assembles the ultimate stereo channel strip
- Creates innovative new signal paths
- Lets you take your modules with you
- Can be used in the studio or on the road
Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack Applications
- Using the Six pack to build a stereo channel - Use the SixPack's six slots in a 3 + 3 format to create the ultimate stereo channel strip. Combine a PowerTube preamp with a Q4 class-A EQ and a Komit compressor and you have everything you need to get the job done.
- Using the SixPack on the road - Fill the SixPack for your next session by recording direct using a JDV instrument preamp, Q3 coil EQ and Komit compressor. Combine this with a microphone using a PowerPre mic preamp, Q4 parametric EQ and a PhazeQ to phase-align both channels.
- Using the SixPack as a side car - Build the ultimate analog side car to warm up those digital tracks. Start with two Q4 class-A semi parametric EQs and then phase align the two channels with the PhazeQ. Add an EXTC to bring in a guitar pedal, Reamp out using the EXTC, frequency divide a track using the Tossover.
Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Format: Desk top
- Number of Slots: 6
- Input Connectors: 8 balanced XLR male, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Output Connectors: 8 balanced XLR female, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Compatibility: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Omniport: Yes
- Feed Switch: Yes
- Stereo Link: Yes
- 48V Phantom Power: Yes on all channels
- Available Current: 1600 milliamps
- Average Current: 266 mA per slot
- Card Slot Impedance: Module dependent
- Ground Connections: Chassis
- XLR Pin Wiring: AES standard: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- D-Sub Pin Wiring: Follows Tascam D-Sub standard
- Power Supply: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- PSU Connection: Locking 5 pin XLR female on cable
- Product Size (W x H x L): 7.5" x 6" x 12" (190.5 x 152.4 x 304.8mm)
- Shipping Size (W x H x L): 11.5" x 9.25" x 15.25" (292.1 x 234.95 387.35mm)
- Product Weight: 11 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack Includes
- Radial SixPack 500-Series Rack
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack Downloads
- Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Workhorse SixPack 500-Series Rack Smart Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just the bestJul 3rd 2014
I never thought I would be writing a review for a power supply!! But it's just that cool!! And not just a power supply. The six pack is built like a tank. The cool trick is that the 7-8 channel inputs on your d-sub are not wasted! They're accessible via the front and assignable as DI to pres that don't have built-in DI. VERY COOL. But the selling point of this unit is flexibility. The feed and link switches on he back open up a whole world of channel strip flexibility just not available on other 500 series racks. Crazy cool power supply!!