Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor
The Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor is a unique dynamic processor that combines a highly effective single-knob compressor with a funky sounding diode-bridge limiter to deliver amazing results. It simplifies the process of dynamic manipulation while expanding upon creative tone shaping.
The Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor is a feature-rich compressor-limiter that simplifies the process of dynamic manipulation while expanding upon creative tone shaping. At one end is a super-clean compressor that delivers amazing results with single knob control. At the other, an old-school diode bridge clipping limiter goes from 'vintage to nasty'. But don't let the minimalist approach deter; the Radial Workhorse Komit provides exceptional flexibility by integrating a series of automatic functions that are both musical and intuitive. Close your eyes and listen the Radial Workhorse Komit does the hard work for you.
The design begins with an auto-detecting feed-forward VCA that reads the incoming program material and reacts 'real-time' to the time constant. Set the 3 position attack-decay switch to slow for vocals, medium for instruments and fast for percussion. As you increase the ratio, the Radial Workhorse Komit FlexKnee compression dynamically adjusts the pivot point, seamlessly transitioning from soft to hard knee for more natural results. Yet unlike most limiters that are designed to be transparent, the Workhorse Komit Clipper is designed to introduce personality to your recordings. The Clipper simulates the sound created by old-school diode bridge circuits from the early days of radio. These clip the input signal when they exceed the headroom. Same deal only here, you are in complete control. Ten settings are graduated from mild harmonic overload to extreme nasty. Think of Nine Inch Nails.
To ensure absolute signal integrity, full size discrete electronics are employed throughout while the vintage style Hammond broadcast transformers add extra warmth to the signal path. A variable level control provides gain make-up or can be used to drive the Clipper for added distortion. Dual ballistic VU metering makes it easy to simultaneously view compression and output when making adjustments. Designed for use with all 500 series racks, the Radial Workhorse Komit can be linked for full stereo operation. When used with the Radial Workhorse, the Omniport is assigned as a key input for frequency dependent compression, de-essing, ducking or any number of dynamic manipulation effects.
The Radial Workhorse Komit transcends the complex world of dynamic manipulation with the simplicity of single dial control. Stand by for take off...
Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor Features
- Single dial auto-tracking compressor-limiter
- Old school diode bridge clipping limiter
- Brick wall setting for set & forget recording
- 100% discrete with Hammond broadcast transformers
- Single knob compression for easy use
- Automatically shifts from soft to hard knee
- Diode-bridge clipper circuit adds distortion
- Sets up quickly for voice or instrument
- Great sounding compression every time!
- Stereo link for program material
- Instant 9 Inch Nails crunch
Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor Applications
- Channel Strip - The Radial Workhorse Komit is the ideal compressor to compliment a 'gold' channel strip. Feed the mic into a PowerPre, an EQ and the the Komit can keep dynamics under control for more professional results.
- Stereo program - The Radial Workhorse Komit can be set to stereo mode by linking two Komits together. This is great for mastering. And even though the two units will share the same time constant, independent compression retains the full stereo image.
- Ducking - Use the key input (via the Omniport on the Workhorse) to automatically duck a guitar track (lower the level) when the vocalist begins to sing. Simply connect the TRS output from the PowerPre into the Omniport key input.
Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Circuit Type: Feed Forward with True RMS Sidechain.
- Power Requirement: 72mA, ± 16VDC
- Compression Ratio - Normal: 1:1 to 10:1
- Compression Ratio - Brickwall: 1:1 to 25:1
- Limiter Range: +4dBu to +21dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz~20kHz, -2dB @ 20Hz
- Maximunm Output: +22dBu
- Maximum Gain Make-Up: +20dB
- THD+N: 0.025% @ 1 kHz.
- Intermodulation Distortion: < 0.1% @ 80Hz/3kHz
- Input Impedance: 9.6k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 140 Ohms
- Threshold: -10dBu or +4dBu
- Maximum Gain: Key input to detector
- Size: Standard 500 Series format
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Compliance API: Yes (VPR Alliance)
- Compliance WHOS-Doc: Yes (Radial Workhorse 500 Rack)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor Includes
- Radial Workhorse Komit Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor Downloads
- Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Komit 500-Series Compressor Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review