Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box
The Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box is a direct box designed to capture the explosive dynamics and warmth of an electric guitar amplifier by connecting between the guitar amp head and speaker cabinet. This delivers a sound that is similar to a well-placed microphone while eliminating the frustrating inconsistencies.
The Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box's design begins with 100% discrete class-A circuitry and a transformer-coupled 'reactive load' that captures both the sound from the amp head along with the back electromagnetic impulse from the loudspeaker. This produces a more realistic rendering than the usual resistive pad offered by other manufacturers. The signal is then processed via a carefully designed multi-stage filter to emulate the tone of a 4x12 half stack cabinet.
In use, the Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box delivers greater consistency over a typical microphone as irregularities such as mic placement and varying acoustics no longer play the dominant role on stage. This is most appreciated when using in-ear monitors as the tone remains consistent from one show to the next, resulting in shorter setup times and a more comfortable audio feed for the artist.
Although originally designed for guitar, the Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box has also become a favorite on bass. The clarity and punch in the lower midrange delivers a tone that is reminiscent of an Ampeg SVT connected to an 8x10 cabinet. On guitar it sounds as if you have a Shure SM57 in front of a Marshall half-stack. This new version also offers greater power handling for 300 watt amps and extended low end for deep bass frequencies.
Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box Features
- Captures sound of both the head and the cabinet
- Delivers consistent tone - show after show
- Works equally well on electric guitar and bass
- Can be used with 48V phantom power or DC supply
Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box Applications
- Using the Radial JDX-48 on guitar - The Radial JDX-48 is connected in between the head and the cabinet where it taps a minute signal off the circuit. The reactive load captures both the sound from the head and the impulse from the cabinet for a more realistic tone.
- Using the Radial JDX-48 on bass - Bass guitar sounds amazing with the Radial JDX-48! You get a fat low-mid punch and extra clarity that makes the bass stand out. It truly sounds like you are playing through an SVT with all the grind and drive yet it is coming through the PA.
- Using the JDX-48 with a mic and the Phazer - For even more fun, combine the direct sound of the Radial JDX-48 with a microphone. Use the Radial Phazer to time-align the two signals and be prepared for the biggest, fattest, most amazing tones ever. Careful this is addictive!
Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box Specifications
- Audio Circuit Type: Discrete Class-A - Transformer Isolated
- Frequency Response: Shaped for guitar use
- Dynamic Range: 114dB
- Noise Floor: -100dBu below 0dBu
- Maximum Input: 600W @ 4O; 300W @ 8O; 150W @ 16O
- Maximum Output: +14dBu (clip level)
- Thermal Input Limit: +49 VAC (from amplifier)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.015% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Inter-Modulation Distortion: 0.03% (+10dBu input @ 1KHz)
- Input Impedance: 15kO
- Output Impedance: 2000O (XLR out)
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Power: 48V phantom or +15VDC/400mA adapter Included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 5" x 6.25" x 2" (127 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.80lbs (1.28 kg)
Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box Includes
- Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box
- Power Adapter
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial JDX-48 Active Direct Box Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review