The Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box is a compact high-performance 48V phantom powered active direct box designed specifically for todays high output instruments like active basses and acoustics. Featuring a digital switching power supply to significantly increase headroom, the Pro48 directly benefits the user with less distortion while yielding a smooth and linear response for a natural and uncolored signal transfer.
The Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box' superior performance makes it an ideal candidate for use with battery powered active basses and acoustic guitars that tend to overload other direct boxes.
The compact Radial Pro48 is built road-ready with 14 gauge steel throughout. A unique bookend design creates a protective zones around the switches and connectors while the internal I-beam construction assures outside stress will not torque the PC board and deteriorate solder connections. A full bottom no-slip pads adds mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to further extend the Radial Pro48's lifespan.
Exceptional sonic performance, great natural tone and an affordable price tag! The Radial Pro48 truly represents a breakthrough in value.
Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box Features
- High performance active direct box
- Increased dynamic range and headroom
- 48V phantom powered with switching supply
- Ideal for acoustic guitar and bass
- Ultra-flat frequency response with extended highs
- High input impedance reduces loading
- Provides extra reach' and air' in your sound!
- Ideal for active acoustic guitars and basses
- Great for keyboards and drum modules
- Equally wonderful for live or studio
- Huge 9-Volt internal rail voltage for extra headroom
- Handles loud transients without choking or clipping
- No batteries required, works with phantom-power
Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box Applications
- Using the Pro48 with acoustic guitar - The Radial Pro48 is the perfect interface for acoustic guitar on stage. The high internal rail voltage is able to handle the dynamics of today's active instruments without choking and deliver the smooth, natural sound of the instrument.
- Using the Pro48 with bass - Whether you use an active or passive bass, the Radial Pro48's exceptional signal handling is able to capture the sound of the instrument without distortion or adding artifact. And with proper loading, your bass will sound round and smooth when you record or play live.
- Using the Pro48 with acoustic instruments - With more headroom and less distortion the Radial Pro48 is a great all-round active direct box for instruments of all types. This makes it particularly effective with instruments that can sound 'peaky' or 'edgy' when amplified.
Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Proprietary analog circuit with low-noise op-amp
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (± 1.5 dB)
- Dynamic Range: 99dB
- Noise Floor: -82dB below 0dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise: -86dBu
- Maximum Input: +9dBu
- Phase Deviation: +28º at 20Hz | +1º at 1kHz | -2º at 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% @ 0 dBu
- Inter-Modulation Distortion: 0.002% @ 0 dBu
- Input Impedance: 220k? - ¼" input
- Output Impedance: 600? - XLR output
- Input Pad: -15dB
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Power: 48V phantom - proprietary digital switching
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (W x H x D): 2.75" x 4.25" x 1.75" (70 x 108 x 44mm)
- Weight: 1.2 lb (544 g)
- FCC Approval: Complies with section 15 of the FCC Rules
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box Includes
- Radial Pro48 Active Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Every Radial product I've ever used shows a consistently strong build quality and flawless performance, and this direct box is no different. The Pro48 does it's job cleanly and well without imparting noise or color. I highly recommend for live or studio use.