Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box
The Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box is designed to provide a quick and dependable connection from your instrument to the PA. While converting the hi-Z output from your instrument to a balanced low-Z signal, the comapct StageBug SB-1 is made to fit inside a guitar case.
The Radial StageBug SB-1 Active is a high-performance active direct box made for players that are on the move. Made to fit inside a guitar case, the Radial SB-1 is the smallest Radial DI box ever! But don't let the small size deter... this ultra-compact Radial StageBug SB-1 sounds absolutely terrific!
The design of Radial StageBug SB-1 begins with standard ¼ instrument input with a thru-put to feed your tuner or your on-stage amp. The ultra-quiet active circuit at once converts the signal from high to low impedance to reduce susceptibility to noise. The signal is then buffered and balanced for long cable runs to the PA system. 48 volt phantom provides the power, so the Radial StageBug SB-1 does not require batteries or external supply to make it work. You simply plug in and you are ready to go!
The active circuit of Radial StageBug SB-1 features a carefully selected 800k-ohm input impedance to eliminate problems with loading while delivering a crisp, clear sound to the audio system. This delivers extra sparkle to the top end when interfacing vintage guitars with low output pickups and is particularly handy should you plan to use it for recording or Reamping. The Radial StageBug SB-1 is also equipped with a -10dB pad that reduces the input sensitivity to gracefully handle even the loudest active instruments. This makes the Radial StageBug SB-1 perfectly well suited for electric bass and keyboards. To reduce feedback, toggling the 180° polarity switch helps eliminate hot spots on stage that can cause low frequency resonance.
The Radial StageBug SB-1... small size, big heart, huge sound!
Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box Features
- Active direct box for acoustic guitar
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- 48V phantom powered, no batteries needed!
Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box Applications
- Acoustic guitar live - The Radial StageBug SB-1 is plug & play easy to use. Connect and it automatically converts your Hi-z instrument signal to lo-Z and balances it for long runs.
- Recording bass direct - Record your bass direct using the Radial StageBug SB-1. This improves the tone and reduces noise by properly matching the impedance of the instrument.
- Adding an amp or tuner - Use the Radial StageBug SB1 thru output to feed your on-stage amplifier. For fun, add pedals after the Radial StageBug SB-1 to color your tone on-stage while leaving the PA signal clean.
Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active Buffer with Phase Splitter
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.006%
- Dynamic Range: >100db
- Input Impedance: 800K/23K
- Maximum Input: +2dbu/+8dbu
- Gain: +1.3dbu/+4.4db
- Clip Level - Output: +3.3dbu/+12.3dbu
- Output Impedance: 330 Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise: -101dbu
- Noise Floor: -97dbu
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.01%
- Phase Deviation: 25/12 degrees Maximum
- Switches: Pad, Phase
- Merge Function: Automatic
- Input Pad: -12db
- Polarity: Yes
- XLR Configuration: + = Pin 2, - = Pin 3, Ground = Pin 1
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (249.48 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 8.25" x 5" x 1.75" (210mm x 127mm x 44mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 lbs (362.87 grams)
- Power: 48V phantom power
Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box Includes
- Radial StageBug SB-1 Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StageBug SB-1 Active Acoustic Direct Box Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review