Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box
The Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box is a high-performance direct box made for players who are on the move! Made to fit inside of a guitar case, the StageBug SB-2 is ultra compact yet is feature-packed to ensure great performance on any stage.
The Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive DI is a passive direct box designed for high output instruments like active basses, keyboards, and drum machines, along with other buffered sources like DJ mixers, computers and CD players.
The compact design of the Radial StageBug SB-2 begins with a ¼" input and thru-put to feed the on-stage amp. This connects to the custom made Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer which performs the impedance matching and balances the signal. When using extra high output instruments, a -15dB pad can be inserted into the signal path. This enables the Radial StageBug SB-2 to be used with active basses and digital pianos that often tend to overload the input side of the interface. An innovative stereo-to-mono merge function provides a convenient way to connect stereo keyboards and computers without having to reset the source for mono operation, saving time and input channels on the PA. The Radial StageBug SB-2 output features an XLR wired to the AES standard with pin-2 hot.
Once connected, the Radial StageBug SB-2 delivers a smooth warm sound reminiscent of older vintage gear. The Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer is magical in its ability to handle extreme signal levels with a natural compression that is pleasing to the ears. The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output. This is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the XLR for quiet, professional results.
These features make the Radial StageBug SB-2 a great choice for electric bass, acoustic guitar and keyboards where small size and big performance matters!
Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box Features
- Passive DI for bass, acoustic and keyboard
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- Transformer isolation eliminates noise
Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box Applications
- Using the SB-2 with Acoustic guitar - Plug your acoustic guitar into the Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive and it will smooth out the peaks and warm up your tone with a vintage vibe. The compact design makes it perfect for traveling between gigs.
- Using the SB-2 with electric bass - Connect your bass to the Radial StageBug SB-2; send the thru signal to your amp and the output to the PA system. Transformer isolation eliminates nasty hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Using the SB-2 with a keyboard - The Passive Radial StageBug SB-2 is a perfect go-to direct box when you need to take the output from a keyboard and send it to the PA system. Input and thru jacks automatically merge the stereo signal to mono to save channels while the Radial StageBug SB-2 balances the signal to drive distances of 100 meters (300 feet) without noise!
Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.5dB)
- Dynamic Range: 115dB
- Maximum Input: +20dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 3° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 50Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB3, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Copper foil
- Input Pad: -10dB
- Auto Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial StageBug SB-2 DI
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive Direct Box Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
As always Radials products sound great & are built to last! The SB-2 delivers warmth & keeps the same features as the DI-1 in a compact case, bought two of these to add to my growing
arsenal of Radial DIs!
Great little unit, very well built, clean, clear sound with no distortion. Very slightly rounded sounding in the top end, perfect for bass and acoustic guitars. Shipping and price from Front End Audio was excellent.