Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone
The Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone is a high performance signal buffer designed to sit at the beginning of the signal chain and drive multiple pedals without the added noise that often plagues high impedance circuits.
The Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone's ultra-compact design begins with a standard Hi-Z instrument input. The signal is then 'tamed' using Radial's unique Dragster load correction circuit to replicate the tone and feel as if connected directly to the amplifier. The signal is then buffered via a 100% discrete, class-A unity gain amplifier. Unlike most others that employ ICs or integrated circuits to buffer the signal, the discrete design reduces the need for phase-cancelling negative feedback producing a more natural and pleasing tone. This is further advanced with the same award winning class-A buffer that is in the Radial JD7 and used by guitarists as diverse as Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather and many others. Once buffered, the Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone lowers the impedance and susceptibility to hum and buzz caused by radio interference and electromagnetic fields. The Radial StageBug SB-15 is then able to drive multiple pedals distances of 15 meters (50') without noise.
The Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone is powered by a standard Boss-style 9V supply (not included). As an extra bonus, when using a Tonebone pedal that requires 15V on your pedalboard, you can combine two 9V outputs from your power brick and the Tailbone will convert them to 15VDC and provide the correct voltage polarity. This makes adding a high-end Radial Tonebone to your pedalboard easy!
The Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone delivers exceptional sonic quality, reduces noise and adds the convenience of 15VDC power for your Tonebone.
Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Features
- 100% discrete Class-A buffer
- Drag control load correction
- Drives pedals to 15 meters (50')
- Converts two 9V supplies to 15 VDC
Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Applications
- Using the SB-15 as a signal buffer - The Radial StageBug SB-15 corrects the load and lowers susceptibility to noise when driving multiple pedals and a distant amp. This makes the SB-15 an ideal front end for your pedalboard and guitar setup.
- Using the SB-15 with a power brick - Most power bricks only have 9 volt outputs. The Radial StageBug SB-15 makes it easy to power your 15 volt Tonebone by using two 9V outputs. The Radial StageBug SB-15 converts the voltage and polarity to suit.
- Using the SB-15 on your pedalboard - Use the Radial StageBug SB-15 as the ultimate front-end for your pedalboard. Connect the Radial StageBug SB-15 to your pedals and amp for less noise and a more natural tone.
Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Class A FET buffer
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30Khz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% @ 1kHz
- Dynamic Range: 104dB with dual 9V supply, 98dB with Single 9V supply
- Input Impedance: 22K to 500K
- Output Impedance: 4.7K
- Maximum Input: +16dBu
- Gain: 0dB (unity gain)
- Clip Level Output: +16dBu
- Noise Floor: -88dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.004%
- Phase Deviation: <5° at 20Hz
- Audio Connections: ¼" unbalanced Hi-Z in/out
- Controls: Drag control load correction circuit
- Power Input: Dual 9VDC 200mA for optimal performance (May be used with single 9VDC supply to power buffer only)
- Power Input Connector: Standard 2.1mm barrel with center negative (-)
- Power Output Connector: Standard 2.1mm barrel with center positive (+)
- Power Output: +15V DC 400mA
- Construction: Steel Enclosure
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 lbs (295 grams)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Includes
- Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review