The Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box is made to fit in a standard single-gang electrical wall plate. The SB-5W provides the AV integrator with a simple, yet effective means of connecting an unbalanced analog audio source such as the headphone output from a laptop computer, iPhone, tablet or line level source such as a CD player to a balanced audio system via a permanently mounted interface.
The Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box's design begins with all-steel construction for maximum durability and a fully shielded back box to help eliminate pollution from electromagnetic fields caused by dimmers, ballasts, power cables and transformers. Front panel 3.5mm TRS and RCA connectors provide a standard interface for any stereo source and a fully variable level control makes volume adjustments easy. Inside, the Radial StageBug SB-5W employs two great sounding transformers to convert the high impedance signal to a balanced low impedance capable of driving cables upwards to 100 meters (300') without noise. Transformers further benefit by eliminating hum and buzz caused by so-called ground loops and stray DC voltages that are common when interfacing consumer grade audio devices with professional audio systems. This is augmented with a set & forget ground lift switch. Should channel count be a problem, a recessed mono switch passively sums the stereo signal to a single output. The outputs feature screw terminals with tie-down points for tie-wraps to make installation fast, efficient and permanent.
Finished in a durable black powder coat and sized to fit a standard Decora wall plate, the Radial StageBug SB-5W looks sharp with any color faceplate while providing clear labeling for easy manipulation for the pros and novices alike.
The Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall plate DI... a world-class connectivity solution by Radial.
Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box Features
- Easy to use control panel
- Passive design, no power needed
- Contractor friendly screw terminals
- Transformer isolated eliminates noise
- Works with any audio source
- Compact design fits single gang box
- Stereo to mono summing saves mixer channels
- Contractor friendly screw terminal outputs
Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box Applications
- Using the SB5W with a Laptop - Connect the mini TRS audio jack from your laptop directly to the 3.5mm input on the Radial StageBug SB-5W and it automatically converts the unbalanced signal to a lo-Z balanced line to feed the PA system up to 100 meters away.
- Using the SB5W with a tablet - No need to convert from digital to analog! Simply connect the headphone out from your tablet or cell phone to the Radial StageBug SB-5W and let it do the work. Adjust the volume using the convenient front panel level control and sum to mono if need be.
- Using the SB5W with a CD player - Connect the line level output from your CD player or hi-fi using the convenient RCA jacks to feed the PA system at the far end of the room. Adjust the volume level from the source, the Radial StageBug SB-5W wall plate or the mixer channel.
Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive transformer isolated
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: >120dB
- Noise Floor: -101dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise: -98dBu
- Maximum Input: +20dBu
- Phase Deviation: 0° @ 100Hz; -3° @ 50Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002%
- Input Impedance: Approx 10K with 100K Load
- Output Impedance: 5k Ohms
- Gain: -3dB
- Clip Level - Output: +17dBu
- Stereo Separation: >77dB
- Controls: Level control adjustable passive trim
- Mono: Mixes left and right inputs
- Ground Lift: Disconnects audio ground at both terminals
- Inputs: RCA and 3.5mm TRS stereo inputs
- Outputs: Screw down terminals (- G +)
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 2.42" x 1,62" x 4.24" (61.4mm x 41.1mm x 107.7mm)
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (227 grams)
- Shipping Size (L x W x D): 6.25" x 4.25" x 3" (159mm x 108mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 lbs (295 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Installation: Only use in low voltage systems and enclosures
Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box Includes
- Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box Downloads
- Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial StageBug SB-5W Wall Direct Box Smart Sheet (PDF)