The Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver is a stereo interface designed to accept unbalanced low output level devices such as instruments, computers or CD players and boost the signal to a balanced +4dB level for easy manipulation in professional environments such as broadcast, recording studios and live touring.
The Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver's design begins with 100% discrete components for optimal signal transfer. Careful attention has been paid to eliminate noise by combining the advantages of active signal buffering with transformer isolation. The Radial J+4 delivers better than 95dB signal to noise while ensuring hum and buzz caused by ground loops along with spurious noise from clocking does not pollute the signal path. For ease of use, controls have been kept to a minimum. This includes a stereo level control, a high pass (low cut) filter and ground lift. The choice of input connectors include a stacked set of ¼" jacks for DJ mixers or keyboards, RCAs for CD players and a mini 3.5mm for iPods®.
As with all Radial products, the Radial J+4 is built tough to handle the extreme rigors of professional touring. A unique 14-gauge steel I-beam inner frame ensures the sensitive PC board will not be subjected to outside stress which could potentially cause solder joints to fail. An innovative book end outer shell creates protective zones around the controls, switches and connectors to further improve dependability while a full bottom no-slip pad provides both mechanical and electrical isolation.
The Radial J+4 balanced line driver delivers exceptional sonic performance, plenty of headroom and ultra low noise making it the ideal companion for today's more demanding professional audio systems.
Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver Features
- Stereo preamp boosts signals to +4dB balanced line level
- Increases gain for low output instruments & music players
- Transformer isolated to eliminate noise caused by ground loops
- Plenty of connector options - Plug and play easy to use
Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver Applications
- Using the J+4 to boost a stereo signal - Increasing the output from a CD player to a +4dB balanced signal is easy. Just plug into the RCA inputs, adjust the volume level and the Radial J+4 does all the work. Transformer isolation eliminates ground loops for quiet performance every time.
- Using the J+4 with your computer - Today, computers and laptops are being used in all types of audio-visual systems. The Radial J+4 makes it easy to interface with a built-in 3.5mm (1/8") TRS jack. Plug in and the Radial J+4 will boost and balance the signal and deliver a professional line level signal.
- Using the J+4 with a keyboard - Many keyboards and synthesizers do not have enough output to effectively drive the line level input on a mixer. This is particularly troublesome on older keyboards such as a Rhodes piano. The Radial J+4 makes it easy with built-in ¼" inputs and balanced XLR outs.
Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active -10dB ~ +4dB line converter, transformer isolated
- Number of Channels: Stereo
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 102dB
- Maximum Input: +17dBu @ 1kHz, 1% THD+N
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.004% @ 1kHz, +10dBu output
- Phase Deviation: 0.5° @ 100Hz; 4° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 1.6k Ohms, balanced
- J+4 Transformer: Radial custom transformer
- High Pass Filter: -3dB @ 100Hz (12dB.Oct.)
- Ground Lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 at isolated output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: ¼", RCA, 3.5mm inputs; XLR-F outputs
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (W x H x D) 84 x 127 x 48mm (3.3" x 5.0" x 2")
- Weight: 0.70 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping Size: (W x H x D) 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: .87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter Included
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver Includes
- Radial J+4 Stereo Line Driver
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty