The Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator is a stereo line isolator designed to convert a professional +4dB line level balanced signal to an unbalanced -10dB consumer level device. This enables you to take the balanced output of a mixer and feed a consumer level recorder or audio input on a computer.
The Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator employs a more cost effective transformer that focuses the energy in the voice range. This makes the Pro-Iso a great choice for sermons, news gathering and spoken voice.
The passive design begins with 100% discrete components throughout. A set & forget level control lets you attenuate the input signal to prevent it from overloading the destination device. Output connections include a stereo pair of ¼" connectors, a set of RCAs and a mini 3.5mm (1/8") for interfacing to a mini recorder or lap-top computer. Transformer isolation helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops while eliminating stray DC currents from flowing.
Construction begins with 14 gauge steel throughout utilizing Radial's unique bookend construction. This creates a protective zone around the connectors and controls for added durability. The steel construction also assists by shielding the transformers from outside magnetic fields. Inside, the Radial Pro-Iso features an innovative I-beam skeletal insert that makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board. This reduces potential stress which could cause premature solder joint failure.
Designed for full range applications, the Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator combines exceptional signal handling with the type of durability that has made Radial famous.
Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator Features
- Converts balanced line level signals to unbalanced
- Stereo signal path with set & forget level control
- Transformer isolated to eliminate hum & buzz
- More cost effective transformer focuses the energy in the voice range
Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator Applications
- Using the Pro-Iso to record a performance - Often, the available output on a professional console is balanced +4dB. This makes it difficult to feed a portable recorder. The Radial Pro-Iso comes to the rescue with a simple interface and all of the connectivity you need.
- Using the Pro-Iso to convert a balanced signal - The Radial Pro-Iso makes it easy to convert the balanced line level output from a preamp to a CD player or other consumer device. Transformer isolation further benefits by eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Using the Pro-Iso to feed a computer - Computers are noisy at the best of times! The Radial Pro-Iso's premium Jensen transformers help eliminate buzz and hum while delivering exceptional audio. Adjust the set & forget level control on the J-Iso to set signal level.
Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Stereo (dual mono)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18KHz (+0dB/ -3dB)
- Dynamic Range: 130dB
- Maximum Input: +20dBu @ 1kHz/1% THD+N
- THD + Noise: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 1.5° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- CMRR: -76dB
- Input Impedance: 1.3k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 1.9k Ohms
- Transformer: Radial transformer
- Ground Lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 at XLR input
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: Balanced XLR-F in; ¼", RCA and 3.5mm TRS unbalanced outputs
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 8.4cm x 12.7cm x 4.8cm (3.3" x 5" x 2")
- Weight: 0.7 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Shipping Size: 10.2cm x 7.6cm x 16.5cm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: 0.87 kg (1.92 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator Includes
- Radial Pro-Iso Stereo Line Isolator
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review