Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator
The Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator is a balanced line level isolator designed to quickly eliminate hum and buzz problems in an audio system by simply inserting it into the signal path.
The Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator accepts both balanced or unbalanced line-level signals and is equally suitable for consumer electronics and professional audio. Since the Radial Ice-Cube is passive, no power supply is required.
Measuring just over 4" x 1 ½" (10 x 4cm), the compact design begins with two super-duty glass-filled nylon XLRs at each end with heavy duty nickel-silver contacts that will not tarnish over time. Unlike other isolators that are made of plastic, the Radial IceCube is made from solid 16 gauge steel and finished in a tough powder coat. The steel outer shell is not only more durable, it provides excellent shielding against electromagnetic fields radiated by power cables, dimmers, motors and power supplies - delivering consistently quieter results when deployed. This is augmented with a 'set & forget' ground lift switch to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Inside the Radial Ice Cube, a proprietary Eclipse transformer isolates the input from the output and blocks stray DC currents. While small transformers rarely perform well below 100Hz, the Radial Ice Cube is exceptionally linear from 20Hz to 18kHz. It is also able to withstand up to +10dB at 20Hz with less than 0.01% distortion. It is a quick and easy problem solver that will eliminate noise without limiting the bandwidth or introducing phase shift, harsh sound or unpleasant artifacts.
These features combine to make the Radial Ice Cube an ideal problem solver for the AV technician and audio engineer that work in the fast-paced world of live touring, AV rentals and system integration.
Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator Features
- Eliminates hum & buzz caused by ground loops
- Exceptionally linear response from 20Hz to 18kHz
- Able to handle pro output levels without choking
- Plug & play easy to use with XLR in & out
Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator Applications
- Isolating the DJ mixer from a console - Plug a couple of Radial IceCubes in between the DJ mixer and the main PA to rid the system from hum or buzz caused by ground loops. Standard XLR connections make it easy.
- Isolating a crossover from a power amp - Eliminating noise problems can take hours of troubleshooting. The Radial IceCube takes the hassle out of the equation with a plug and play solution that works every time.
- Isolating a console from a remote tower - When distant power systems power equipment it often leads to noise, due to voltage fluctuations and ground contamination. The Radial IceCube isolates the system to reduce noise.
Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 1dB)
- Dynamic Range: >135dB
- Maximum Input: 15dBu
- Gain: 0dB / -5.7dB 10K / 600 ? Load
- Clip Level: 25dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise: 110dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002% @ -10dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.0006% 1KHz @ -10dBu
- Input Impedance: 8.66k with 10k load
- Output Impedance: 600 ? nominal
- Transformer: Custom made Eclipse
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard: Pin-1(Gnd), Pin-2(+), Pin-3(-)
- Connectors: XLR-FEMALE input; XLR-MALE output
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.2" x 1.32" x 1.6" (107mm x 34mm x 41mm)
- Weight: 0.40lbs (0.18kg)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.55lbs (0.25kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator Includes
- Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Ice Cube Line Level Isolator Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review