Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box
The Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box is specifically designed to interface keyboards and pre-recorded backing tracks to the PA system with redundant inputs for live performance back-up, the ProD8 provides all of the standard features one would find in a typical rackmount DI.
The Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box is a high performance 8-channel passive direct box optimized for keyboard rigs in professional touring. The design begins with fully redundant dual ¼" inputs on all channels. These are summed together to enable the system tech to patch in a backup keyboard and have it on standby should a device go down during a show. This also enables up to 16 keyboards or 8 stereo sets to be connected should the need arise. A (shared) ¼" TRS effects insert jack on each channel allows two keyboards to share the same effect while adding greater routing options while ¼" thru-put delivers a direct feed to the artist's playback system.
The engine inside is a custom wound Eclipse ET-DB2 transformer that performs both the impedance matching and balancing. Linear from 20Hz to 20kHz, it is able to withstand the extreme dynamics common with today's digital keyboards. Unlike active circuits that overload and square wave when the rail voltage is exceeded, transformers saturate. This means that as the signal increases, the Radial ProD8 naturally rounds out the tone producing a warm Bessel curve reminiscent of the very best vintage audio gear. The other significant advantage to this passive design is 100% galvanic isolation between the source and destination. This eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops, resulting in a quieter stage.
The output panel features isolated XLRs each equipped with ground lift and 180º polarity reverse. Internal switches may be routed to accommodate various schemes such as star grounding. To enhance setup options, the Radial ProD8 is equipped with reversible rack ears. This handy feature allows the system tech to position the inputs on the front of the rack when interfacing with external keyboards or have them inside if the setup is predominantly equipped with rack modules.
The Radial ProD8 delivers unsurpassed audio quality, is able to withstand extreme dynamics, eliminates noise and presents a wide range of setup options. It is no wonder that it has become the world's most popular rack DI for concert touring.
Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box Features
- High density 8-channel rackmount DI for keyboards
- Withstands extreme dynamics from digital sources
- Redundant inputs let you incorporate backup system
- Reversible rack ears to optimize patching setup
Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box Applications
- The ProD8 in the Studio - Set the Radial ProD8 rack ears so that the ¼ inputs are on the front panel to make patching different instruments easy. This give you access to the dual inputs and thru-put jacks for quick connection to amps in the studio.
- The ProD8 with Rack Synths - Set the Radial ProD8 up with the XLR outputs facing front to accomodate touring racks of modular synths. With the ¼ inputs on the inside of the rack your synths stay connected while sound techs patch the XLR outs into the main snake and PA system.
- Using the ProD8 for Backing Tracks - The Radial ProD8's dual summed inputs make it convenient for patching two sources into each channel at the same time. This lets you use the Radial ProD8 for backing tracks with two multi-track running in sync or redundant keyboard setups for live performances.
Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Eight channel
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 128dB
- Maximum Input: +18dB @ 20Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 1° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB2, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input Pad: -15dB
- 180° Polarity Reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, TRS insert, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 19" x 6.25" x 1.75" (48.3cm x 15.875cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight: 7.2lb (3.26 kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping Weight: 8.30lb (3.76 kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box Includes
- Radial ProD8 Passive Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box Downloads
- Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial ProD8 8-Channel Rackmount Passive Direct Box Smart Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It's built like a tank, and it takes up very little space in the rack. That makes it perfect for our live on-stage rig.