Radial JPC Active Direct Box
The Radial JPC Active Direct Box is an analogue stereo interface designed to help solve the buzz and hum problems commonly associated with connecting a computer to an audio system. This is accomplished by combining active buffers and transformer isolation to create an effective 'hybrid' circuit.
The Radial JPC Active Direct Box is specifically designed for use with computer sound cards and other consumer electronic products. Intended for professional field use, the Radial JPC comes fully loaded with choice of ¼", RCA and 3.5mm input connectors that make it easy to interface with all types of unbalanced audio sources such as computers, iPods, and CD players. It is equipped with isolation transformers to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops and to further reduce system noise; while AC blocking capacitors in the active circuit prevent pollution from the audio system from bleeding back into the computer. Outputs are XLR balanced mic level for easy interface to snake systems and PAs. Powering the Radial JPC is accomplished via 48V phantom from a mixing console. This enables the Radial JPC to be used in concert environments without requiring an external power supply.
The Radial JPC is a great sounding stereo direct box that is plug-and-play easy to use with practically any consumer electronic device. The noise eliminating advantages makes the Radial JPC a must-have problem solver for any technician's audio kit.
The Radial JPC... an effective tool designed to make interfacing gear easy.
Radial JPC Active Direct Box Features
- Easy to use stereo interface for laptop computers
- Active signal path with transformer isolation
- Eliminates hum and buzz common to PCs
- Full connector options set for easy interface
- Converts hi-Z consumer line-level to low-Z mic-level
- Computer sound cards to PA system
- Audio for off-line video post-production
- Interface CD and MP3 players with pro-audio systems
- Plug & play easy-to-use
- All inputs can be used as thru-puts
- Full stereo operation in a compact enclosure
- Interface ANY consumer audio device
Radial JPC Active Direct Box Applications
- Using the JPC with a computer - Computers are often the cause of noise in the PA system. The Radial JPC's combination of transformer isolation with an active drive circuit helps reduce noise by eliminating stray currents.
- Using the JPC with a DJ setup - The Radial JPC is well suited to handle the type of audio generated by CDs and digital audio files. By isolating the the source with the PA system you also eliminate noisy ground loops.
- Using the JPC with an iPod - The Radial JPC's 3.5mm (1/8") TRS jack makes it easy to interface portable playback devices like the iPod. This makes it easy to bring unbalanced audio tracks into the PA system via the balanced mic input of a console.
Radial JPC Active Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Unity Gain buffers and inverters using low noise high end audio grade Ops Amp
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz +/- 2dB
- Dynamic Range: 111dB
- Noise Floor: -97dB below 0dB Out
- Equivalent Input Noise: -94dBu
- Maximum Input: +17dBu
- Phase Deviation: +29º at 20Hz | -5º at 1kHz | -80º at 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01% @ -15dBu Output
- Inter-modulation Distortion: Less than 0.15% at any level below clipping
- Input Impedance: 10k?
- Output Impedance: 600?
- Input Pad: -15dB
- 48V Power LED: Two 48V phantom indicators, one for each channel
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR outputs
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Power: 48V Phantom Power (each channel requirers 48V phantom)
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.55lb (720 g)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial JPC Active Direct Box Includes
- Radial JPC Active Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial JPC Active Direct Box Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review