The Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box is a high-resolution stereo digital audio converter (DAC) and direct box designed to connect to any computer system to seamlessly transfer digital audio to analog. A stereo pair of balanced XLR audio outputs with adjustable level control then feeds the signal to a mic preamp, PA system, mixing console or even a powered speaker!
The Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box is made for plug and play simplicity and will automatically be listed as an available sound card in the audio settings in all popular operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7/8/10, and Mac OSX.
Connection to a computer is accomplished through a standard USB type-B port. Digital-to-analog conversion can be monitored on headphones through the 3.5mm analog output to check signal quality and level before connecting to a sound system. A mono-sum switch may be engaged to check for phasing or for connection to a mono system. Should hum or buzz caused by ground loops be encountered, two recessed side-access switches allow the user to insert isolation transformers into the signal path. To further reduce susceptibility to noise, this is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on both XLR jacks.
As with all Radial products, the Radial USB-Pro is designed to handle the rigors of professional touring. The Radial unique book-end design creates protective zones around the switches, connectors and controls to keep them out of harm's way. Inside, the Radial's time-tested I-beam construction assures the sensitive internal PC board will not torque, which could cause premature part failure. Finally, a full bottom no-slip pad provides mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to ensure quiet operation.
Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box Features
- High performance 24bit digital audio converter
- Ready to use without the need of a driver
- 3.5mm analog headphone output to check signal
- Balanced Lo-Z outputs with switchable isolation
Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box Applications
- Using the USB-Pro with a laptop - Nothing is simpler than the Radial USB-Pro! You plug it into your laptop and it automatically delivers your digital audio files to spectacular sounding stereo audio via the 24 bit digital to analog converters. You merely connect to the mic inputs on your mixing console or to any +4 line level device and you are set to go!
- Using the USB-Pro in the studio - Convert your client's files instantly! Simply connect the laptop to the Radial USB-Pro and transfer files to the recording system at the maximum sample rate for best audio fidelity. The built-in headphone amp makes it easy to check for signal integrity.
- Using the USB-Pro for a video presentation - Anyone that has incorporated audio with a projector knows that noise can be a serious problem. The Radial USB-Pro is equipped with isolation transformers that may be switched in to eliminate hum and buzz caused by stray DC voltage and ground loops.
Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Custom decoder with analog line drive
- USB Compliance: USB 1.1 full speed
- Bit Depth: 24bit (16bit capable)
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz / 48kHz / 96kHz auto sensing
- Sound File Compatibility: WDM, MME, CoreAudio, DirectSound, WASAPI and .WAV
- Software Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10 and Mac OS
- Frequency Response: 5Hz ~ 40kHz (30Hz ~ 18kHz with isolation)
- Dynamic Range: >90dB
- Noise Floor: -90dB
- Maximum Gain: +8dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
- Stereo Separation: 75dBu
- Output Impedance: 250? nominal
- Digital Input: USB connector B-type
- Analog Output: Stereo balanced mic level (2 x XLR-M)
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm TRS
- Level Control: Variable, works on headphone and XLR outputs
- Isolation: Switchable for each channel
- Mono Switch: Sums left & right inputs to mono
- Ground Lift: Lifts pin-1 on both XLR outputs
- Power: USB bus powered 500mA maximum
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lb (680 g)
- FCC Approval: Complies with section 15 of the FCC Rules
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box Includes
- Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial USB-Pro Digital Direct Box Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Radial Usb ProSep 17th 2013
Excellent product. The Front End Audio is excellent seller.