Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector
The Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector is a 4-in, 1-out switcher designed specifically for microphones, that lets you quickly audition four different mics - all sharing the same preamp. Employing military grade gold contact relays to manage the switching process, the Gold Digger Microphone Selector ensures the pristine mic signal maintained without introducing color, distortion or artifact of any kind.
The Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector is a great tool designed to get the very best out of each and every performance. The Radial Gold Digger is a 4-channel mic selector that enables the engineer to quickly compare the sound of four different microphones while sharing the same preamp. A 'straight wire' passive circuit design is void of any audio buffers or transformers. Instead, the Radial Gold Digger employs military grade gold contact relays to manage the switching process, thus ensuring the pristine mic signal is maintained without introducing color, distortion or artefact of any kind.
The Radial Gold Digger's features include four rear-mounted XLR-F mic inputs plus an XLR-m output to feed the preamp. To eliminate bleed between microphones, each channel is equipped with a 'radio style' selector switch that ensures only one mic is on at a time. The external supply provides power for the LED indicators, charges the relays and enables the Radial Gold Digger to generate 48 volt phantom which can be turned on or off for each mic as needed. To ensure an 'honest' comparison between microphones, individual 'set & forget' trim controls let you adjust each mic level so that they produce the same relative output. Once set up, the Radial Gold Digger not only improves workflow, but also gives the artist more confidence with the sound of the vocal, resulting in a better overall performance.
The Radial Gold Digger A tool designed to get the very best out of each and every performance.
Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector Features
- Four selectable inputs with trim adjusts
- Straight wire distortion-free signal path
- Will not introduce color or artifact
- Increases artist's confidence when recording
- Pure straight wire passive signal path
- Gold contact sealed relays do the switching
- Internally generated 48V phantom power
- Super quick and efficient means to get best audio
- Significantly improves workflow in the studio
- Does not introduce color to the signal path
- Helps improve the vocal performance & sound
Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector Applications
- Comparing Four Studio Condenser Mics - The Radial Gold Digger lets you quickly compare the sound of four microphones and send the signal to the same preamp. This assures an 'honest' comparison as all mic signals employ the same audio path. Separate 48V on-off switches let you activate phantom as needed.
- Comparing Various Direct Boxes - Comparing DI boxes can often lead to surprising results. Often, one will use an active DI like the J48 only to find that a passive one like the Radial JDI could in some instances sound better. Plug in the four DIs just like you would a microphone and you are set to go.
- Selecting a wireless system - The Radial Gold Digger can also be used in live touring where you may want to direct as many as four different wireless systems to a single audio input channel in the PA system. This could be 4 mics in a house of worship, 4 wireless guitars, or maybe a couple of mics in a town-hall meeting.
Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector Specifications
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive signal path with active relay switching
- Maximum Signal Handling: +25dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0003%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 100kHz +/- 0.0dB
- Dynamic Range: >140dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: <-115dBu
- Phase Deviation: < 0.001 degrees at all frequencies
- Common Mode Rejection: -92dBu @ 60Hz
- Input Impedance: 600 Ohms (typical)
- Output Impedance: Coincides with input impedance
- Balanced Inputs: 4 channels with on/off switch & LED indicator
- Balanced Output: Single output
- Level Control: Variable input trim on each channel
- Phantom Power: 48V phantom on each channel with recessed switch
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (W x H x D) 4.5" x 2" x 6" (121 x 64 x 147mm)
- Weight: 2.8 lb (1.3kg)
- Shipping Size: W x H x D: 4.75" x 2.5" x 10.75" (121 x 64 x 273mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.05 lb ( 1.4kg)
- Power: +15V DC/400mA power supply included
Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector Includes
- Radial Gold Digger Unit
- Power Supply
- User Manual
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector Downloads
- Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector User Guide
- Radial Gold Digger Microphone Selector Smart Sheet
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First, the service from Front End Audio was superb: good advice and then immediate shipment. The day after I received the Gold Digger, I used it to find the best mic for a particular acoustic guitar and a vocalist. It was fairly easy to adjust so that each mic had close to the same output level. There were no "pops" when switching between mics, and as far as I could tell, no noise was added. While this may not be an absolutely essential piece for a small studio, it sure made comparing mics a whole lot quicker and easier; and, because the comparisons can be made without the delays involved in plugging and unplugging and then adjusting levels, I felt I was able to make a more accurately informed decision. The product is sturdy and appears very well-made.