Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector
The Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector enables you to connect your favorite microphone to as many as four preamps and compare the sound between them. This unique tool is designed to improve efficiency and workflow in the studio by simplifying the process of matching the best preamp with a microphone for a given track.
The Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector is designed to help improve the efficiency and work flow in your studio by speeding the preamp selection process, comparing compressors and introducing innovative patching options that spur on creative new opportunities. This is most often done when recording vocals. This improves the sonic character of the track and provides the vocalist with a more comfortable sound, which in turn allows for a better performance.
Four front panel 'radio style' selector switches select the active preamp while automatically disconnecting the mic from the others. Completely passive and 100% discrete, the Radial Cherry Picker features a 'straight wire' signal path. There is no active circuitry whatsoever in between the mic signal and the preamp. The audio signal switching is performed by a series of military-grade gold contact sealed relays for zero coloration and distortion to ensure a fair and honest comparison between preamps.
The rear panel is equipped with a balanced XLR input for the microphone and four balanced XLR outputs to feed the various preamps. When using a studio condenser, the Radial Cherry Picker internally generates 48V phantom power so that switching between preamps will not disrupt the phantom power going to the microphone. This could otherwise cause severe popping in the audio system and headphones. Separate ground lift switches for each output help reduce noise by eliminating ground loops plus a handy mute switch turns all outputs off, enabling the engineer to leave the preamp settings untouched when testing out other mics.
The Radial Cherry Picker... a tool designed to improve performance, sound and workflow at the same time.
Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector Features
- Select the best mic & preamp combination
- Passive 'straight wire' color-free signal path
- Built-in 48V phantom power for condenser mics
- Improve the workflow efficiency in your studio
- Radio style switches to select active output
- Internally generated 48V phantom power
- Balanced XLR i/o for easy connection
- Gets the vocalist involved in the recording
- Delivers a better all-round performance
- Super compact design, fits anywhere
- Can be used to switch all types of audio signals
Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector Applications
- Comparing preamps using one mic - Connect your favorite microphone and compare how it sounds using several preamps to find the best match to suit the vocalist. The Radial Cherry Picker makes it easy and fast.
- Comparing compressors when recording bass - Optimize the sound of the bass by comparing compressors. Connect the bass to the JDV-pre instrument preamp and use the Radial Cherry Picker to listen to various compressors.
- Using the Cherry Picker to switch outputs - The 'straight wire' balanced signal path may be used for more than just microphones! You can use the Radial Cherry Picker as a 1x4 switcher for line level devices of all types.
Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive signal path with active relay switching
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 40kHz
- Dynamic Range: >115dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise: -115dB
- Residual Noise: -140dB
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Maximum Output: +26dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0003%
- Phase Deviation: < 0.001 degrees at all frequencies
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.001%
- Input Impedance: 10 000 Ohms
- Common Mode Rejection: -97dB @55Hz
- Gain: 0.0dB Unity gain device
- Inputs: Balanced XLR female
- Outputs: 4 x XLR male
- Individual on/off for each output
- Individual ground lift for each output
- Mute all function
- Phantom Power: 48V phantom on each channel with recessed switch
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-1 ground, pin-2 hot, pin-3 cold)
- Power: +15V DC/400mA power supply included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (W x H x D): 4.5" x 2" x 6" (121 x 64 x 147mm)
- Shipping Size (W x H x D): 4.75" x 2.5" x 10.75" (121 x 64 x 273mm)
- Weight: 2.8 lb (1.3kg)
- Shipping Weight: 3.05 lb ( 1.4kg)
- Conditions: For indoor use at temperatures between +5° c and +40° c
Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector Includes
- Radial Cherry Picker Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector Downloads
- Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review