Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher
The Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher is a 1-in, 2-out balanced audio switcher designed to route the output of a microphone to two different audio inputs. There is no transformer or buffering circuitry in between the input and outputs. This means the Relay Xo can not introduce distortion or noise into the source signal and allows it to be used with mic or line level sources.
The Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher enables a vocalist to switch his mic between the main PA system and the monitors so that he can discreetly communicate with other band members or the technical staff. This is of particular importance for artists that employ in-ear monitors. You can also use the Radial Relay Xo to send the output of a microphone to two channels on the PA. The first channel could be set 'dry' to speak to the audience between sets, while the second channel could be set 'wet' with reverb and echo to enhance the voice. This enables the vocalist to control effects and deliver a more professional performance.
The Radial Relay Xo features a balanced XLR input and two balanced XLR outputs. The audio signal path is completely passive 'pure wire'. There are no transformers or electronic buffers inside that could introduce distortion or color the tone. Instead, the Relay Xo employs military-grade gold-contact sealed relays to do the switching. This makes the Relay Xo equally suitable with mic and line level signals.
Switching may be done using the side-access pushbutton switch or by remote control via the XLR and ¼" input jacks using either the Radial JR1-L latching or JR1-M momentary footswitch. A remote link enables multiple Radial Relay Xo's to be used in tandem.
The Radial Relay Xo... a powerful switcher that is easy to use!
Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher Features
- Switch vocal microphone from PA to intercom
- Allows artist to speak with musicians and techs
- Remote control using footswitch
- Route any balanced signal to two destinations
- Helps deliver a more professional show
- Works with any balanced audio signal
- Choice of latching or momentary remote footswitch
- Built Radial Rugged for pro use
Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher Applications
- Switch mic between live and communications - Use the Radial Relay Xo to switch the vocal mic between the PA system and intercom so that you can speak to the technical crew or other band members. Use the optional JR1-M momentary footswitch to remotely control. This avoids unsightly hand signals!
- Switch from dry to wet audio channels - On gigs where you do not have your regular soundman, use the Radial Relay Xo to toggle between a dry channel on the mixer to chat with the crowd - and a wet channel with reverb and delay to enhance your vocals when singing. Use the optional Radial JR1-L latching footswitch for switching.
- Add special effects to your acoustic guitar - Ever wish you could add special effects to your acoustic guitar for solos or a particular song? Use the Relay to toggle between normal and solo channels on the mixer. Use the Radial JR1-L to remotely control and toggle between the two like an Eric Clapton solo!
Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Remotely controlled mechanical relay
- Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 100kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.0005%
- Dynamic Range: >140dB
- Input Impedance: Source dependent
- Output Impedance: Source dependent
- Common Mode Rejection: -106dB
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Phase Shift: <1° at all frequencies
- Gain: 0dB
- Noise Floor: -115dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.001%
- Controls: None
- Switches: A/B switch, ground lift
- Ground Lift: XLR Output B only
- Audio Connectors: XLR-F input, (2) XLR-M outputs
- XLR Configuration: AES standard pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- Remote Connectors: Combo (XLR-F & ¼" ), ¼" loop-through
- Contact Closure Function: With ¼" TRS jack, short tip and ground to switch, With XLR, short pin-1 ground and pin-2 Hot to switch
- Construction: 14 gauge steel with internal I-beam
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x D): 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (635 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.4lbs (1088.6 grams)
- Power: 15VDC, 30mA, center-pin (+)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher Includes
- Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher Downloads
- Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Relay Xo Microphone Switcher Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review