Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher
The Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher is a specially designed switching device that lets you toggle between two different guitar amplifier heads using a single speaker cabinet. It gives you a choice of buffered or non-buffered inputs and employs opto-couplers to ensure noise-free switching of the guitar signal.
The Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher allows two heads to share one speaker cabinet. The Radial ToneBone Headbone lets you toggle from one head to another without pops, clicks, hum or added noise. With the Radial ToneBone Headbone in your rig, you can use your Marshall head for rhythm and your Mesa-Boogie head for soloing. This is of particular interest for players that demand the utmost in tonal performance when on stage or in the studio.
Features include 100% discrete class-A circuitry for exceptional audio performance, transformer isolated guitar signal path to eliminate ground loops, plus a choice of either buffered or un-buffered inputs to optimize the signal path. The Radial ToneBone Headbone's internal switching comprises a series of relays, opto-couplers and load resistors, all of which are sequenced via a digitally programmed chip. Hit the footswitch and the Radial ToneBone Headbone jumps to action as it toggles the guitar signal from one amp to the other, disconnects the speaker and diverts the signal to a load resister, reconnects the speaker to the second head and turns the guitar back on - all in quick succession. The Radial ToneBone Headbone features SafeMode whereby in the event that power is disconnected - the Radial ToneBone Headbone's guitar input will automatically turn off. To eliminate a mess of cables on stage, the Radial ToneBone Headbone is equipped with Slingshot a remote control port that lets you switch the Radial ToneBone Headbone using any standard footswitch or MIDI controlled contact closure. This eliminates long speaker cables while improving system efficiency.
The Radial ToneBone Headbone is available in 3 models: The Radial ToneBone Headbone VT for two valve/tube heads, the Radial ToneBone Headbone SS for two solid-state heads and the Radial ToneBone Headbone TS for tube to solid-state amp head switching.
The Radial ToneBone Headbone a Radial 'power tool' for serious guitarists.
Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher Features
- Toggle between two heads using one speaker cabinet
- Control the Headbone with a footswitch remote
- Safe switching for both solid state and tube heads
- Choose from three Headbones to adapt to any setup
- Use two amp heads with one cabinet
- Ultimate amp setup for tone fanatics
- Available for tube, solid state or both
- Makes switching your racked head fast and easy
- Gets you one step closer to the perfect tone
- Only have to carry one cabinet to the gig
- On-board and remote switching
Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher Applications
- Headbone VT - Use the Radial ToneBone Headbone VT to switch between two tube amplifiers. The Radial ToneBone Headbone will safely switch the amps and make sure the tube output stage always sees a load.
- Headbone TS - If you are using one tube head with a solid state head, the Radial ToneBone Headbone TS is the switcher for you. The TS is set up to handle both types of amplifiers.
- Headbone SS - For those with two solid state amps, the Radial ToneBone Headbone SS delivers quiet, safe switching. In fact you can switch just about any audio source using the SS, not just amps!
Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher Specifications
- Circuit Type: Proprietary electro-mechanical
- Audio Signal Path: Class-A - 100% discrete componentry
- Input Impedance: 100 kOhms (direct input), 220k Ohms (bufferd input)
- Switching Type: Programmed PIC controlled relay
- Relay Type And Capacity: Silver plated contacts - 10 million cycles, 100 Watts RMS rated
- Switching Time: 11.2 milliseconds
- Outputs: Speaker out
- Slingshot Implimentation: Slingshot remote switching input
- Footswitch: High-cycle heavy-duty Amp-1 / Amp-2 toggle with status LED's
- LED Indicators: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LED's
- Construction: 14 gauge steel, baked enamel finish
- Size: 6.85 x 4.5 x 2.12" (175 x 108 x 54mm)
- Weight: 2.2lb (1.kg)
- Power Supply: 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive
Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher Includes
- Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher
- 5VDC power supply
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher Downloads
- Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher User Guide (PDF)
- Radial ToneBone HeadBone VT Guitar Head Switcher Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review