The Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher is a combination microphone signal splitter and mute switch that allows the vocalist to depress a footswitch to mute his mic and redirect the signal to the monitoring system and/or intercom. This 100% passive floor-box is equipped with XLR mic input, momentary footswitch, direct and switched XLR outputs.
The Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher is designed to address on-stage communication problems for artists who employ in-ear monitoring systems. The Radial HotShot DM1 is a combination microphone signal splitter and mute switch that allows you to depress a footswitch to mute your mic and redirect the signal to the stage monitoring system or intercom to speak with band members or technicians while on stage.
Using the Radial HotShot DM1 is easily done using any dynamic microphone: connect the mic to the input and the main output to the mixer. Add a second cable from the monitor out to feed a common intercom buss. As soon as you depress the momentary footswitch, the signal going to the main output is muted and redirected to the monitoring system. This allows the musician to discretely speak with other band members or discuss a technical problem with the crew. As soon as the footswitch is released, the system automatically reverts back to normal operation, thus eliminating the need for LED indicators or local powering.
As with all Radial stage switchers, the Radial HotShot DM1 is designed to be heavy enough to 'stay put' while being extra durable to handle the rigours of professional touring. Made in Canada, it features 14 gauge steel construction and durable powder coat finish with a heavy-duty footswitch and isolated XLR connectors.
The Radial HotShot DM-1 is a simple passive switcher that makes communication on stage possible. Please note that in some cases, this unit can cause a popping sound in speakers when switching. It is the nature of such devices, that are unbuffered.
Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher Features
- Redirects mic signal to communicate with techs
- Lets band members with in-ear monitors chat between songs
- Momentary switch requires foot action to engage
- Passive design does not require any power to work
- Extremely easy-to-use design
- Press and release operation
- Small footprint, unobtrusive next to mic stand
- Passive, no power required
- Turns your mic into a stage intercom
- Lets you talk to other band members and crew
- Run second dry channel to mute effects for crowd chat
Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher Applications
- Using DM1 for silent communication on stage - Plug your mic into the Radial HotShot DM1, connect output-1 to the PA system and output-2 to a separate channel on the monitor desk. When you press & hold the footswitch, the PA system output is muted and the signal goes to the band.
- Using the DM1 as a cough mute - Sometimes you just have to cough! Connect your mic to the Radial HotShot DM1 input and output-1 to the audio system. When the urge to cough or mute the system occurs, simply depress and hold the footswitch. Let go to revert back to normal operation.
- Using the DM1 to add effects - A great way to add a special effect to your mic is to use two channels with the first set to normal and the second set with extra effects such as echo or chorus. Just hold the foot switch when you need the effects. Simply depress the momentary footswitch to engage the effects, release to go back to normal.
Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Passive, true-bypass
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Switch Type: Momentary
- Dynamic Range: Unlimited
- Ground Lift: Pin-1 on output 2
- Toggle: Selects between input A or B
- Construction: 14 gauge steel
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 3.6"w x 3.9"d x 2"h (92 x 99 x 51mm)
- Weight: 1.25 lb (0.56 kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher Includes
- Radial HotShot DM1 Switcher
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review