Mojave Audio MA-50 Microphone
The Mojave Audio MA-50 Microphone is the perfect microphone for pros and semi-pros alike. Utilizing the same capsule as the MA-200 and MA-201fet, it handles the fastest transients with ease – even up to 140 dB.
The challenge? Create a transformerless microphone circuit without the inherent problems found in transformerless microphones. Technical Grammy® award winning microphone designer David Royer has created a thoroughly modern microphone that rises to that challenge: the new MA-50. Designed to produce the clarity and realism that Mojave microphones are known for – at an entry level price - the MA-50 out performs well-known transformerless mics costing many times more.
Mojave Audio MA-50 Microphone Features
- Large-diaphragm cardioid 3-micron capsule
- Fixed-cardioid polar pattern
- Transformerless circuitry
- Very low noise
- Includes professional shock mount
- Simple – yet elegant design - perfect for home recording
- High SPL handling
- Fast transient response
Mojave Audio MA-50 Microphone Applications
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads
- Percussion Instruments
Mojave Audio MA-50 Microphone Specifications
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-microns
- POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz- 20 kHz, + 3 dB
- SENSITIVITY: -40 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 125 dB
- DISTORTION: <0.5% @140 dB SPL
- SELF NOISE: Better than 16 dB (A weighted)
- RECOMMENDED LOAD: 1500 ohms or higher
- POWERING: 48VDC phantom power; current 2 mA.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10" x 9" x 4.5", 4 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" X 2" (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review