Mojave Audio MA-1000 Tube Microphone
The Mojave Audio MA-1000 Tube Microphone draws inspiration from some of yesterdays most revered microphones. Technical Grammy award winning microphone designer David Royer has created a thoroughly modern tube microphone that features an original new old-stock 5840 tube, 251-style capsule, and custom designed transformer built by Coast Magnetics.
The result? A sweet, airy top end, you-are-there realism in the mids and an accurate yet authoritative bottom end.
The Signature Series has been exhaustively field tested against microphones often costing $20K or more universally evoking the same Wow response usually reserved for only the most prized vintage mics. Push up the fader and say Ahhh! With performance, reliability, and quality like this, we are sure youll agree that Mojaves new Signature Series microphone is a New American Classic.
Mojave Audio MA-1000 Tube Microphone Applications
- Vocals and Voice-overs
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
Mojave Audio MA-1000 Tube Microphone Features
- Original new old-stock 5840 tube
- 251-style capsule
- Custom designed transformer by Coast Magnetics
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar
- pattern selector, located on power supply
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- American Classic Design
- Comes with Sling-Shock® licenced from Royer Labs
- Premium Cable made with Mogami Cable
- and Neutrik connectors
Mojave Audio MA-1000 Tube Microphone Specifications
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-microns
- POLAR PATTERN: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below
- 100 Hertz in "cut" setting
- SENSITIVITY: Omni -37.5 dB, Cardioid -36.0 dB, Figure-8 -34.0 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL , < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off
- < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- IMPEDANCE: 200 Ω
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 6 VDC @ 150 mA. 125 VDC @ .7 mA
- (from dedicated power supply)
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lbs. (5.9Kg)
- Microphone: 7 5/8 X 2 (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
Mojave Audio MA-1000 Tube Microphone Includes
- Power Supply
- Shock Mount
- Cable (Standard 3-pin XLR, and Power 7-pin XLR)
- Carry Case
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review