Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Microphone
The Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Microphone offers a rich and warm musical tone, with the 3D character of tubes, to provide one of the smoothest and full bodied vocal sounds available in a microphone today. This is a mic that will impress.
The Mojave Audio MA-200 is a fixed cardioid large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. A design of industry veteran David Royer, the MA-200 offers a warm, full-bodied tone giving rich musicality to vocals and instruments. The MA-200 employs a hand-selected 3-micron capsule, Jensen audio transformer, a military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube, and a universal power supply. The MA-200 performs at a level of the best loved classic condenser microphones.
Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Microphone Features
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Microphone Applications
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Microphone Specifications
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally excited capacitor type
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-microns
- POLAR RESPONSE: Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30 Hz-18 kHz, ±3dB
- SENSITIVITY: -37dB re 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120dB
- DISTORTION: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL
- SELF NOISE: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- IMPEDANCE: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- VACUUM TUBE: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables:13 lbs. / Microphone: 7 5/8 X 2, 1 lb.
Mojave Audio MA-200 Large Diaphragm Tube Microphone Includes
- MA-200 Tube Microphone
- Case for Microphone
- Universal Power Supply with IEC Power Cable
- Shock Mount
- 7-Pin Mic Cable
- Storage/Travel Case
- Warranty Information
What We Think
"We've been a very big fan of the Mojave Audio MA-200 ever since it was first released a few years back. It was a revolutionary microphone in that it brought the truly great hybridized sound of a couple of legendary German microphones into the reach of project and home studio owners. But then an interesting thing happened; it caught on with A-List artists, producers, and engineers began using the MA-200 with widespread acclaim and commercial success. The MA-200 has become loved for it's rich, deep, lustrous sound. Wonderful on a wide variety of sources, it's perfect for anything that you wish to feature while instilling a sense of depth on the source - the Mojave Audio MA-201fet would be a better choice for a more aggressive, in your face tone or where you may need a slightly faster attack or slew rate. Either way, it's a mic to have - and not just one of. These are great tools for your room microphones on drums or ensembles, drum overheads, piano, strings, acoustic guitar, and even electric guitar - but especially vocals; male or female. I have recorded some of the best sounding male vocals I've ever captured with this microphone and though I've never had the opportunity to use it on female vocals, I would not hesitate to put it up, in the least. While no one microphone will be the perfect choice for every application, the MA-200 is a workhorse. And if you need multi-pattern performance with the same sound, there is the new Mojave Audio MA-300. Check it out - you won't regret it."
- Front End Audio
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic has a very forward midrange with sweet and mellow highs. It sounds fantastic on solo acoustic instruments such as banjo, flute, and violin. With vocalists, it has a strong personality, so it either gels with a particular singer or it doesn't. When it sounds good on a singer, it sounds very very good.