Mojave Audio MA-201fet Microphone
The Mojave Audio MA-201fet Microphone is a large diaphragm, phantom-powered, solid-state condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern.
With its roots in a lineage of microphone designs by David Royer, the MA-201fet gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing a 3-micron gold-sputtered capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformer, military-grade FET and custom designed low-noise resis-tors, the MA-201fet performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. Each MA-201fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case with a professional grade shockmount.
Mojave Audio MA-201fet Microphone Features
- Hand-selected 3-micron 1” capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
Mojave Audio MA-201fet Microphone Applications
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- High SPL sources, such as Kick Drums and Bass Guitar Amps
- Electric Guitar
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Acoustic Instruments
Mojave Audio MA-201fet Microphone Specifications
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- DIAPHRAM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAM THINKNESS: 3-micron
- POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz-20kHz, + 3dB
- SENSITIVITY: -39 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 125 dB
- DISTORTION: <1% @120dB SPL, <3% @134dB SPL
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- IMPEDANCE: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- POWERING: 48VDC phantom power; current .68mA.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10" x 9" x 4.5", 4 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" x 2", 1 lb.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So good it's almost silly. You can buy a $3000 mic, or get 2 of these and save $1600. It's a steal.