Mojave Audio MA-300 Tube Microphone
The Mojave Audio MA-300 Tube Microphone is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone.
Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300 adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrill-ness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved clas-sic condenser microphones. The MA-300 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also avail-able). Each MA-300 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protec-tive case-within-a-case.
Mojave Audio MA-300 Tube Microphone Features
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Mojave Audio MA-300 Tube Microphone Applications
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
Mojave Audio MA-300 Tube Microphone Specifications
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3 microns
- POLAR PATTERN: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, ±3 dB at "flat" setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below 100 Hertz in "cut" setting
- SENSITIVITY: -37dB, referred to one volt per pascal
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- < 1% @ 117 dB SPL, < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off
- < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lbs. (5.9Kg)
- Microphone: 7 5/8" X 2" (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For this price, you are not gonna find anything better! I actually use this on my partner's vocals (female with low smokey voice on alt rock). I actually chose this over the U87ai...
The Mojave's got mojo that is perfect for alt rock.
What's better is that your wallet will also think it's a great option.