Mojave Audio MA-301fet Microphone
The Mojave Audio MA-301fet Microphone is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, solid-state condenser microphone based upon the popular MA-201fet. The Mojave Audio MA-301fet features a 3-position pickup pattern selector, a 15dB pad, and a switchable bass roll-off.
Utilizing a 3-micron gold-sputtered capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformer, military-grade FET and custom designed low-noise resistors, the MA-301fet performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. Each MA-301fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case with a professional grade shockmount.
Mojave Audio MA-301fet Microphone Features
- Multi-pattern: Cardioid, Omnidiectional, Figure-eight (Bi-directional)
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron 1" capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
Mojave Audio MA-301fet Microphone Applications
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- High SPL sources, such as Kick Drums and Bass Guitar Amps
- Electric Guitar
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Acoustic Instruments
Mojave Audio MA-301fet Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3 microns
- Polar Pattern: 3 patterns; omni, cardiod and figure-8
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, Â±3 dB at "flat" setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below 100 Hertz in "cut" setting
- Sensitivity: -40.5 dB, re. 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- Distortion: < 1% @ 120 dB SPL, < 3% @ 134 dB SPL with pad off. < 1% @ 134 dB SPL, < 3% @ 148 dB SPL with pad on
- Self Noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- Pad: 15 dB
- Bass Cut: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz
- Impedance: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- Powering: 48VDC phantom power; current 1.2 mA
- Dimensions and Weight
- Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10" x 9" x 4.5", 4 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" X 2" (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic greatly exceeded my expectations. I've used it with awesome success on male vocals, acoustic guitar, cello, and kick drum. It's got a vintage low end girth with plenty of clarity and precision in the top. It's especially good if you're looking to add some life to a soft piano, dark vocal, or any dull source. Overall, it's a wonderful mic with a more-than-reasonable price tag.