The Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool is designed to capture the chest resonance of vocalists or voice over artists, enabling them to still have a proximity type effect without having to be so close to the mic, hence the name, VOG, or Voice of God.
The Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool is the latest creation from Little Labs, and is Little Labs first entry in the popular API 500-Series module format. When you hear it on kick drum and bass, it will become clear this would be the go to device to make these instruments sound huge. The Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool lets users sweep a sharp peak resonance from 20 to 300 Hz, while anything below the peak is rolled off at a steep -24dB per octave. This lets users focus on the low end they want, while eliminating low-end mush and unnecessary woofer excursion. A subharmonic can be the focus, or the fundamental, or upper harmonics. On a kick drum, for example, the overall effect of turning the Little Labs VOGs frequency knob sounds like someone is tightening or loosening the drumhead. In a mix, Little Labs VOG allows users to place the bass spectrum instruments so they do not interfere or get in the way of each other.
The Little Labs I-VOG is identical to the VOG, but it's a standalone version, no rack required. Oh, but it does add a hi quality hi Z instrument in which adds to its creative capability.
Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool Features
- 500-Series Module for Analog Purists
- All audio stays BALANCED from input through to the output - again, for Analog Purists
- VOG can be operated in both MONO (balanced) or STEREO (unbalanced)
- Stereo operation requires a Y-cable with source XLRs wired Pin 1 to Ground, Pin 2 Left and Pin 3 Right on the sending XLR (basically this is a standard cable for Pin 2 Hot configurations)
- 24dB Per octave drop below the boost frequency
- 3 Center frequency ranges of 40, 100, and 200 Hz
Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool Specifications
- Gain: Unity
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- DC Coupled: Yes
- Max Level:
- Out in Balanced Mono: 28dB
- Out in Unbalanced Stereo: 22dB
Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool Includes
- Little Labs VOG 500-Series Analog Bass Resonance Tool
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very pleased with this filter. Excellent device!
The VOG is a cool little module, hard to pinpoint exactly what it does to the signal but certainly makes things sound better just by running thru it and turning the knobs. For the price it's worth having in your rack, even if you are like me and don't use it as often as you should.