Earthworks SR40V Microphone
The Earthworks SR40V Microphone is the first dedicated handheld vocal microphone from Earthworks. It sure to live up to Earthworks' stellar reputation for some of the most accurate and sonically pleasing microphones. The SR40V delivers a natural clarity of sound with unmatched presence and depth for vocals.
The Earthworks SR40V is world-class handheld hypercardioid vocal microphone designed for live performance. The near-perfect hypercardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones. Singers can also maintain freedom of movement and still maintain pristine sound quality and plenty of gain.Its clean on-axis response provides maximum intelligibility of vocals up to 90 degrees off-axis, while rejecting off-axis noise and feedback from ambiance, surrounding instruments and nearby stage monitors thanks to its more than 30dB of rear rejection. Capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 145dB without distortion, the Earthworks SR40V can handle nearly any vocalist.
Designed for the road, the Earthworks SR40V lightning fast transient response, extended frequency range, and tight hypercardioid pickup pattern reproduce breathtaking vocals that bring studio quality sound to the stage.
Earthworks SR40V Microphone Features
- Frequency range spanning from 20Hz – 40kHz
- Hand-tuned and tested
- Reproduces subtle details other vocals microphones miss
- No need for excessive EQ or effects
- Textbook perfect hypercardioid polar pattern with natural on and off-axis performance
- Fastest transient response of any vocal microphone on the market
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Low handling noise
- Circuitry is handcrafted to match each capsule for optimum performance
Earthworks SR40V Microphone Applications
Earthworks SR40V Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 184mm x 55.3mm x 27.5mm (7.25 x 1.95 x .97 inches)
- Weight: 13.3 oz. (377g)
Earthworks SR40V Microphone Includes
- Earthworks SR40V Handheld Condenser Microphone
- MC4 Microphone Clip
- SR40V-C Touring Case
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks SR40V Microphone Downloads
- Earthworks SR40V Handheld Condenser Microphone User Manual (PDF)
- Earthworks SR40V Handheld Condenser Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
What We Think
"The Earthworks SR40V Microphone will completely change all your perceptions about what a stage vocal microphone is and can be. To the Front Of House or Monitor Engineer, the first clue as to how drastically it differs from all other stage microphones, will probably be when soloing through all of the mics on the stage, listening for "air" to confirm that the mics are working. The air that you hear with most other microphones sounds congested and quite heavy. The SR40V by contrast sounds like there is literally NOTHING in between you and that spot on stage. This is a massive clue as to what you are about to witness. PLUS - it's a clue as to what you are NOT going to have muddying up your mix when you factor that across 3 or 4 vocal microphones. This is extremely attractive from a mixer's standpoint, as well as being attractive to both monitor engineer and performer in that the lack of a defined resonance makes for lower chance of lower-mid ring or feedback.
Like with all great studio microphones, the way that the SR40V captures and presents the voice is in a fashion that isn't wildly dynamic or requiring lots of compression in order to sound musical or comfortable to the vocalist - though a little bit of good compression used tastefully/sparingly never hurts to have in place. It has massive amounts of output. So, you may wish to have an Earthworks LevelPad on hand just in case you need to cleanly PAD down the signal by 15dB - 30dB.
The SR40V is visually striking with it's stylish phase -ports beneath the head-mesh and label-ring. This porting provides the SR40V with some of the best front-to-rear rejection and uncolored off-axis response we've ever heard in any microphone. And the top end is really smooth while being appropriately detailed.
This is not an inexpensive microphone - that's no secret. But for any performer or tour who truly cares about the quality of sound being presented, the Earthworks SR40V is a microphone nearly without peer. It has to be used to be believed - and hearing is believing, for sure!"
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review