Earthworks SR314 Microphone
The Earthworks SR314 Microphone is a precision-engineered cardioid condenser microphone designed from the ground up to deliver a fresh approach to vocal miking in live performance environments.
The Earthworks SR314 is designed from the ground up to meet and exceed the goals and expectations of a modern live performance environment. Its body is expertly sculpted through precision machining yielding an instrument that is beautiful to look at, balanced in the hand and sensibly engineered for life on the road. Protected within its steel exoskeleton is a studio quality small diaphragm cardioid condenser capsule coupled with a Class A amplifier circuit that leverages Earthworks’ patented and proprietary technologies to deliver one of the fastest mics on the planet.
The Sound of the SR314
An extended flat frequency response and a focus on fast clean impulse response set the Earthworks SR314 apart. By systematically eliminating the many layers of distortion and noise normally added by each acoustic and electronic component, the Earthworks SR314 doesn’t sound like a traditional microphone - it pulls back the veil to reveal the true voice of the artist.
Simple, Easy and Brilliant
The SR314 democratizes exceptional live music experiences, making them accessible to everyone. Quicker soundchecks and better monitor and in-ear mixes let artists focus on what matters most - the music. Engineers are unencumbered from the necessities of heavy corrective EQ, compression and de-essing, and constant vigilance against feedback. Audiences experience vocals that sit comfortably and easily in the mix, with every detail and nuance bridging the gap that so often separates live music from recordings.
Built for Live Music
The SR314 goes beyond the promise of delivering studio quality sound onstage by directly addressing the challenges intrinsic to these dynamic environments:
- Tight cardioid polar pattern with a consistent frequency response all the way out to 90 degrees means the SR314 delivers the same quality of sound even when the singer moves off-center.
- Extreme attenuation of sound sources located beyond 90 degrees with maximum rejection at 180 degrees.
- Consistent low frequency response across a wide range of distances, providing articulate detailed bass up close while not getting thin with distance.
The combination of these features imbues the SR314 with levels of feedback immunity and isolation from unwanted sound sources not found in other microphones.
Earthworks SR314 Microphone Features
- Stainless steel chassis
- Cardioid condenser microphone
- Rich open natural sound
- 145dB SPL handling
- 20Hz-30kHz frequency response
Earthworks SR314 Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 79dB A-weighted
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 15dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 7.13 x 1.6 inches (181.1mm x 40.6mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.68kg)
Earthworks SR314 Microphone Includes
- SR314 Microphone
- MC4 Microphone Clip
- Padded Protective Bag
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review