Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones
The Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones are a matched pair of QTC40 low noise omni mic designed for recording quiet sources. Delivering sound so detailed and real, the QTC40MP brings recordings to life and delivers a truly accurate snapshot of your sound.
The Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones' near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
With an extended 3Hz – 40kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound.
The Earthworks QTC40MP is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
With an SPL rating of 140dB the Earthworks QTC40MP has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about the microphone distorting. And there is no proximity effect, you can get the Earthworks QTC40MP as close as you want to the sound source.
Ideal for for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs, the Earthworks QTC40MP low noise omni is also an excellent choice for drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments, and foley.
Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones Features
- Frequency response to 40kHz and excellent impulse response
- Reproduces sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like
- An ideal and affordable choice for recording applications
- Intended for detailed sources
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Accurate and uncolored
- Handles sound levels up to 140dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Studio Vocals
Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones Specifications
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to 40kHz ±1dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 140B SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D (Per Mic): 229mm x 22mm (9 x .860 inches)
- Weight (Per Mic): .5 lb. (225g)
Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones Includes
- Matched Pair of Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone
- 2 x MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks QTC40MP Omnidirectional Microphones Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Got these, love them on everything. Want more earthworks!!!!
i've been using a matched pair of these for room/audience mics or front of stage mics for live recording for the last 6 years...and i still love them! they have stood the test of time and hold their own against the best sdc omni mics available. i keep telling myself i'll try them as overheads, but i just love the way they image so well to get the "big picture" of a performance, i never put 'em there but my partner did it on a jazz session not long ago and the drums are so alive it is unreal!