The Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone is a 40kHz low noise omni mic designed for recording quiet sources. Delivering sound so detailed and real, the QTC40 brings recordings to life and delivers a truly accurate snapshot of your sound.
The Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone's near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule. With an extended 3Hz – 40kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound.
The Earthworks QTC40 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions. With an SPL rating of 140dB the Earthworks QTC40 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about the microphone distorting. And there is no proximity effect, you can get the Earthworks QTC40 as close as you want to the sound source.
Ideal for for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs, the Earthworks QTC40 low noise omni is also an excellent choice for drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments, and foley.
Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone Features
- Frequency response to 40kHz and excellent impulse response
- Reproduces sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like
- An ideal and affordable choice for recording applications
- Intended for detailed sources
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Accurate and uncolored
- Handles sound levels up to 140dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Studio Vocals
Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to 40kHz ±1dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 140B SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 229mm x 22mm (9 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .5 lb. (225g)
Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone Includes
- Earthworks QTC40 Omnidirectional Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- Manufacturer Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
microphones sound fine, a little quieter than the TC40K MP I have. The individual microphones are not within 1db of each other, but they weren't ordered as a matched pair. I have always had good recordings with Earthworks microphones. This is my 3rd pair.