The Earthworks M23R Reference Measurement Microphone is a true Reference Microphone.matched to within +/- 0.5dB across the entire operating frequency range.
The Earthworks Reference Series measurement microphones are a significant offering to the world of acoustic measurements. Historically, measurement microphone manufacturers have only been able to match microphones to within 2 or 3dB of each other. If you purchased a number of matched microphones and wanted to add more, you would need to send one of your microphones back to the manufacturer to match it to additional new mic(s). Earthworks proprietary technologies have always allowed matching microphones with much tighter tolerances (within 1dB or less). Each Reference Series measurement microphone is manufactured to within ± 0.5dB of each other in frequency response and sensitivity. This ensures that any microphone in the series will be matched to all others now and forever while also eliminating the need for ECFs (Electronic Calibration Files) in most cases.
Earthworks measurement microphones are accepted throughout the world as a standard for accurate and reliable acoustic measurements. They are accurate in the time and frequency domain and have exceptionally uniform polar response. They feature flat frequency response, fast impulse response, and are remarkably stable with respect to temperature changes while meeting or exceeding Type 1 specifications.
These microphones incorporate bipolar Class A amplifiers made with all discrete components and no capacitors in the signal path for optimal phase response. The microphone can feed long signal lines up to 300 feet (91m) while maintaining full and accurate frequency response without any loss of high frequencies. Reference Series microphones require standard 24-48V phantom power at 10mA.
Reference Series Microphones come with a protective padded fabric pouch for storage.
Earthworks M23R Reference Measurement Microphone Features
- All Reference Series Microphones are matched within ± 0.5dB of each other in Frequency Response & Sensitivity
- Meets or Exceeds Type 1 Specifications
- 140dB SPL Max Acoustic Input
- Exceptionally Uniform Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- Ideal for SMAART, Meyer SIM, MLSSA, Spectrafoo, TEF, RTA and all Audio Band Measurements
- Requires 24-48V Phantom Power
- Operating Temp Range: -4º F to 140º F (-20º C to +60º C)
Earthworks M23R Reference Measurement Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to 23kHz ± 0.5dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 36mV/Pa (-28.9 dBv/Pa)
- Matching Tolerance: ± 0.5dB (frequency resp. & sensitivity)
- Power Requirements: 24 - 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 140dB SPL
- Output: XLR-3 (pin 2+)
- Min. Output Load: 600 ohms between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL (A-Weighted)
- Operating Temp. Range: -4º to 140º F (-20º to +60º C)
- Storage Temp. Range:
- -40º to 176º F (-40 to +80º C)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Dimensions L x D: 6.25 x .860 in. (165 x 22 mm)
- Weight: 0.35 lb. (1.60kg)
Earthworks M23R Reference Measurement Microphone Includes
- Earthworks M23R Reference Measurement Microphone
- Microphone Clip
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review