Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone
The Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone is a precision engineered mic designed for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums. It delivers an incredible transparent sound quality, offering near-perfect polar response and high rejection of sounds at the rear of the microphone, resulting in less leakage and more gain before feedback.
The Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone is a multi-purpose hypercardioid mic designed for instrument miking in live performance and studio recording environments. A natural performer, the Earthworks SR30/HC delivers a transparent, true to life sound no matter what the instrument. The SR30/HC is ideal for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano and drums.
Sonic timbre and frequency response stay uniform across the entire front of the microphone capsule, helping capture the true character of your instrument.
Its near-perfect hypercardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement and ensuring more gain before feedback. With over 30dB of off-axis rejection, the Earthworks SR30/HC is ideally suited for capturing audio in highly ambient environments and near monitor speakers.
With a lighting fast transient response, the Earthworks SR30/HC handles sharp attacks with ease, while still capture all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. With an SPL rating of 139dB, the Earthworks SR30/HC delivers exceptional reproduction of without distortion.
Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone Features
- Extended frequency response to 30kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- More gain before feedback than other microphone
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect hypercardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Bass Amp
- Guitar Amp
- Live Vocals
- Studio Vocals
Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 212mm x x 22mm (8.4 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .5 lb (225g)
Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone Includes
- Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks SR30/HC Hypercardiod Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am using this mic for snare batter, and the clarity of the drum is fantastic. Because this is a hyper-cardioid mic, it does an incredible job of blocking out background noise, especially those pesky hi-hats that always seem to show up in the snare track. The mic is super sensitive and picks up a lot of detail, and with fast transients, I haven't had any phase issues when using with multiple mics. Highly recommended!