Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit
The Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit is designed for live performances - this kit captures every nuance of a complete drum kit with astonishing clarity and presence! Comprised of two SR25 mics for overheads and one SR25 with Kickpad for kick drum.
The Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit provides larger than life sound from drums. Sonic timbre and frequency response stay uniform across the entire front of the microphone capsule, helping you capture the true sound of your drums. Its polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The microphones in the Earthworks DK25/L have a transient response that is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the Earthworks DK25/L DrumKit, which can handle high sound pressure levels.
With an extended frequency response, the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound. The Earthworks SR25’s transient response is ultra fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing.
With a whopping SPL rating of 145dB the Earthworks SR25s have plenty of headroom for miking overheads, so there is no need to worry about distortion, even with the loudest drummers. And there is no proximity effect, so you can get the Earthworks SR25 as close as you want to the sound source.
A good kick drum microphone needs to be designed and optimized for that specific purpose. This means the microphone is great for kick drum and nothing else. Therefore we designed the kick drum optimization in an external XLR package – the KickPad. Just plug the KickPad into the mic line going to the Earthworks SR25 microphone for incredible results. With the KickPad removed, you can use the same SR25 for most anything.
All three high quality Earthworks microphones in the DK25/L DrumKit™ will provide stunning results on a wide variety of instruments and vocals. As an added bonus, the KickPad will improve the sound of other popular microphones used for kick drum.
Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit Features
- Improved impulse response for faster and more accurate transients
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Extended frequency response to 25 kHz to capture a crisper and more realistic image
- Near perfect polar patterns that remain even across all frequencies and at any position within the pattern
- More cohesive and unified drum sound
- Hear more attack and subtle detail
- Increased detail and dynamic range
- Versatile, multi-use mics
- Mics are protected in a high impact case
- Ideal three-mic choice for live performance or recording in less than ideal acoustic environments
- Fast setup and teardown
- Comes with 3 SR25s (two for overheads and one for kick drum), 1 KickPad™, 1 windscreen
- The patented cardioid pattern on the SR25 provides a more uniform off-axis response and has less susceptibility to acoustic feedback
Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit Applications
Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 25kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL Equivalent (A weighted)
Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit Includes
- 3 x SR25s Cardioid Microphones
- 3 x MC1 Microphone Clips
- 3 x SRW3 Foam Windscreens
- 1 x KP1 KickPad™
- 1 x DK25-C Aluminum Carrying Case
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks DK25/L Drum Microphone Kit Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review