SoundToys PanMan Plug-In does rhythmic auto-panning with cool classic features, new tricks, and analog color.
SoundToys PanMan encompasses the full spectrum of auto-panning effects, combining the coolest features from the coolest classics coupled with more modern processes and Soundtoys panache. PanMan takes the supposedly simple process of pushing audio back and forth in the stereo field, and lifts it to a whole new level. In designing PanMan we painstakingly poked and prodded classic analog auto-panners such as the PanScan, Cyclosonic FS-1, and the Electrospace Spanner to find out just how the parts and pieces produced such peculiar effects.
For example, one of the industry standard auto-panners we studied while creating PanMan was Audio Design's PanScan, which had a feature SoundToys wanted to include called the Trigger Divider. The Trigger Divider allows a user to set the number of triggers needed to move to the next pan position. So for instance, you can set the panning effect to move from left to right every third trigger.
After figuring out the science behind their specialness, they focused on where their feature-set fell short. PanMan has been pushed further than any precursor panning plug-in with MIDI sync, dynamic control, automation, and preset storage.
Building upon this idea, SoundToys created a trigger filter for PanMan, allowing you to choose what frequency range the trigger listens for. PanMan expands upon the features of similar classic gear with a wide range of advanced rhythmic modes giving you truly unprecedented control over every aspect of the plug-in. Set a classic hardware pan shape using the Style control and take it farther than the hardware could, moving the panning back and forth, left to right, locked to MIDI, or by programming your own rhythm. You can even pan beyond the speakers using PanMan's 105 degrees of available offset and up to 210 degrees of modulation.
PanMan brings the most comprehensive and full-featured auto-panning solution to your DAW. Simply put, PanMan allows you to move your audio around dynamically in ways you just can't do with automation. PanMan's included presets give you a wonderful sample of the wide variety of panning effects PanMan can generate. We're confident that you will find PanMan to be, well, absolutely Pantastic!
SoundToys PanMan Plug-In Features
- Create custom auto panning effects, locked perfectly to your song's tempo
- Choose from 6 different panning modes including LFO, step and random
- Recreates the clever trigger divider feature from the vintage PanScan hardware
- Design your own rhythmic patterns and panning waveshapes
- Set the threshold to let your music's dynamics control speed, offset and width
- Add vintage tone with 7 different analog emulation algorithms
SoundToys PanMan Plug-In Specifications
- All version 5.0.4 Soundtoys products come with 32-bit and 64-bit VST, AU, and AAX Native plug-in formats.
- Here is a list of all of the DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) that are officially supported:
- Pro Tools
- Cubase / Nuendo
- Digital Performer
- *If your DAW is not on this list, it doesn't necessarily mean that SoundToys plug-ins won't work... It just means that it has not been tested. If something goes wrong with an unsupported DAW, SoundToys welcomes to write into support, but they cannot guarantee a solution.
- Supported sample rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- System requirements:
- Operating system:
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Operating system:
- Other requirements:
- iLok.com account (An iLok USB dongle is not required)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review