SoundToys MicroShift Plug-In makes it wide! The classic studio trick for super wide vocals with a powerful new twist.
SoundToys Microshift brings us back to the early days of pitch-shifting, and in fact, SoundToys very own early days working at Eventide. In those days, they (Ken and Bob) were asked to create a stereo harmonizer, what would eventually become the H3000 Multi-Effects Processor. The H3000 became an absolute effects monster, with dozens of effects algorithms and hundreds of presets. The hard work paid off, and today you'll be hard pressed to find a studio or venue that doesn't include a H3000 (or later variant) in the rack.
As cool as all that was, the thing is, when they would walk up to a rack with an H3000 in it, it was almost always set up for only small pitch shifts to thicken and widen background vocals or instrumentation. The idea behind this trick is fairly simple; dial in a few cents up on the left, and a few down on the right, add a dash of delay, and voila - instant fat stereo sound! Of course, it's been used on lots of other things but that's really where the whole thing got started. Micro pitch-shifting is still a vital part of most mix engineers bag of tricks a couple of decades or so later, especially on guitars get crazy wide walls of sound. For this reason, vintage pitch-shifters like the H3000 as well as the Eventide H910(x2), and AMS DMX 15-80 are still in demand. In fact, some of the earliest plug-ins they developed, SoundBlender and PurePitch, were designed to bring this trick into the burgeoning digital domain.
Simply put, MicroShift makes it W I D E . Be it vocals, synths, guitars, backing vocals or whatever you choose to run through it, MicroShift uses this classic studio trick to spread out, thicken up, or give a new space to any track you hit with it. MicroShift takes the idea of making wider even further than the original hardware could with the new FOCUS knob, letting you push and widen specific ranges without affecting the rest of the track. It's amazing for adding shimmer to a vocal, or air to a guitar. You can control the amount of detune and/or delay, and there's even a mix knob let you tweak the effect to fit just right in the mix.
With three pitch-shift modes, MicroShift combines the classic sound of hardware coupled with advanced new features, all in a very intuitive and easy to use plug-in. MicroShift is the go-to tool for making things wider and bigger in your own virtual effects rack.
SoundToys MicroShift Plug-In Features
- Widen vocals, lead guitars, synths and more
- Get big sounds fast with a clean, simple interface
- Put the spotlight on important instruments, or blend them into the background
- Select from 3 different flavors of widening based on sought-after hardware
- Add width to a specific frequency range with the Focus knob
- Control the Detune amount and Delay range of the effect
SoundToys MicroShift Plug-In Specifications
- All version 5.0.4 Soundtoys products come with 32-bit and 64-bit VST, AU, and AAX Native plug-in formats.
- Here is a list of all of the DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) that are officially supported:
- Pro Tools
- Cubase / Nuendo
- Digital Performer
- *If your DAW is not on this list, it doesn't necessarily mean that SoundToys plug-ins won't work... It just means that it has not been tested. If something goes wrong with an unsupported DAW, SoundToys welcomes to write into support, but they cannot guarantee a solution.
- Supported sample rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- System requirements:
- Operating system:
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Operating system:
- Other requirements:
- iLok.com account (An iLok USB dongle is not required)
SoundToys MicroShift Plug-In Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review