The Rode NT6 Microphone is an extremely compact 1/2 inch cardioid condenser microphone, specifically designed for difficult mounting applications where the highest quality audio is required.
The Rode NT6 Microphone is extremely well suited to any situation where a small and unobtrusive, yet powerful microphone system is required.
Although clearly relevant to instrument miking, the Rode NT6 is extremely well suited to any situation where an unobtrusive but powerful microphone is required such as location recording.
The Rode NT6 Microphone is split into two modular components, joined by via a custom 3m (10') shielded, Kevlar® reinforced cable.
Featuring a gold-sputtered, true-condenser capsule, the Rode NT6 capsule head measures 45mm (1.8) in length and weighs only 42gm (1.5oz). The included all-metal, multi-position mounting ring provides 180 degrees of vertical rotation.
The Rode NT6 preamp-body incorporates both a high-pass filter and pad setting. The high-pass filter can be introduced to cut vibration, rumble and undesired sounds sources under 80Hz, while the PAD offers a -10dB level attenuation, useful when recording louder sound sources.
The Rode NT6's small form factor make it an ideal small diaphragm cardioid microphone for use in the Mid-Side (M/S) stereo array, in combination with a figure-8 large diaphragm microphone such as the NT2-A, NT2000 or K2.
The Rode NT6 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode's industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NT6 Microphone Features
- 1/2 Condenser capsule with remote preamp
- Gold sputtered externally biased condenser
- Two position PAD - 0dB and -10dB
- Two position High Pass Filter - flat and 80Hz
- Includes two-axis swivel mount, 3m Kevlar® fibre reinforced cable, windshield and zip pouch
- Heavy duty satin-nickel plated body
- Low noise and full frequency response
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Rode NT6 Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 135dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 6.0dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -37.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 19dB-A
- Power Options: +24V phantom power, +48V phantom power
- Weight: 386.00gm
- Dimensions: 189.00mmH x 64.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
Rode NT6 Microphone Includes
- NT6 - Compact 1/2" Condenser Microphone with Remote Capsule
- RM5 - Durable Microphone Clip
- ZP1 - Padded Zip Pouch
- Swivel Mount (2-axis) - 2-axis Swivel Mount
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review